Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which is why I said offensively. Points matter(at least the way you are evaluating). 0.62 PPG vs 0.64 PPG and mostly played with Tatar who has been the most consistent point producer for us.

which is why it's harder to compare since they aren't equally across the board. If Armia is that much better then Leks he would show it somewhere yet Leks is right there with him. Gallagher is higher because goals are more important but skill wise they aren't far apart, just one works his ass off and the other is a candy ass.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
which is why it's harder to compare since they aren't equally across the board. If Armia is that much better then Leks he would show it somewhere yet Leks is right there with him. Gallagher is higher because goals are more important but skill wise they aren't far apart, just one works his ass off and the other is a candy ass.
Actually Armias PPG is higher. Not by a crazy amount, but still noticeable. Also that just doesn't make sense. If Gallaghers the better goalscorer and works harder, his PPG should be much higher. Again, you are just stat watching so I'm not even going to bother with this anymore.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Actually Armias PPG is higher. Not by a crazy amount, but still noticeable. Also that just doesn't make sense. If Gallaghers the better goalscorer and works harder, his PPG should be much higher. Again, you are just stat watching so I'm not even going to bother with this anymore.

what? they are both at a .37 ppg

and no just Gallagher is the better goal scorer his ppg shouldn't be higher, it just means he should have a lot more goals.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Lehkonen had a good game tonight. I also saw a shot taken by him. He was maybe at 10 ft maximum of the net and shot the puck on the bay window really high. But I dont care right now cause he is on our fourth line.

Reactions: 26Mats

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
really like him with Evans, would be interested to see how Armia would look on that line with them.
Sure, but I can't get myself to write Byron off yet.. we have depth true, but Byron can really play on any line and look pretty good. This team is pretty deep geez, we could run 5 lines.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sure, but I can't get myself to write Byron off yet.. we have depth true, but Byron can really play on any line and look pretty good. This team is pretty deep geez, we could run 5 lines.

imo, we should choose between 2 of Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia going forward. Try to have more skill than those 3 in the top 9. But, in case of injury, they're great at stepping into the top 9.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

at some point something has to give as we can't go all season in a condensed schedule and have just 1 spare player. With the way Perry has played, they will need to do something to get us cap space at some point i would think.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Lehkonen has taken his game to another level, him and Evans have good chemistry. Will be interesting to see how a Lehkonen - Evans - Armia line will look.

Reactions: Husqvarna

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I think Byron's been playing well but no way should he play over Perry or Armia at this point. Perry can easily come back down to earth at some point but he's been excellent so far. I've said it before but he reminds me of when we got Vanek in the regular season. Great hands and IQ but slow as hell but more physical than Vanek was. Just a treat to watch

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Lehkonen has taken his game to another level, him and Evans have good chemistry. Will be interesting to see how a Lehkonen - Evans - Armia line will look.
No he hasn't. He will score again some day, but he's still the same 4th line player. Armia is ppg pace and has produced 2nd line numbers(0.48 ppg) as hab, he wont play with plugs on 4th line because that would be f***ing stupid. Once Armia is back it's easy to dump lesser players like Perry back to taxi.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
No he hasn't. He will score again some day, but he's still the same 4th line player. Armia is ppg pace and has produced 2nd line numbers(0.48 ppg) as hab, he wont play with plugs on 4th line because that would be f***ing stupid. Once Armia is back it's easy to dump lesser players like Perry back to taxi.

If only Armia had even half the work rate and intensity that Lehkonen has.

Maybe playing with two guys that work hard every shift (Evans and Lehkonen) can rub off on the guy. His play was so disappointing before the concussion game. Worst and most useless habs up until that point IMO

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
'16-'17 - 28 pts 73 games (.38 ppg)
'17-'18 - 21 in 66 (.32)
'18-'19 - 31 in 82 (.38)
'19-'20 - 27 in 70 (.39)

so far this year he's at a .44 but small sample size.

His career ppg is .37 which over 82 is good for 30 pts which is a tad higher then when Eller was with us as an example.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

I agree! He seems looser playing on the 4th line and is able to play a style more suited to his game (and not get in his own head when he misses opportunities). He's always been a great forechecker and now he's generating his own offence from it. He's playing with a lot of confidence right now - it's nice to see.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
If only Armia had even half the work rate and intensity that Lehkonen has.

Maybe playing with two guys that work hard every shift (Evans and Lehkonen) can rub off on the guy. His play was so disappointing before the concussion game. Worst and most useless habs up until that point IMO
Try to calm down before posting, maybe then you can write something creative. You don't get under anyone’s skin with this comedy lmao.

Reactions: Stubu

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't seen the best of him yet. Armia himself picked it up pretty significantly stats wise in the last couple years. Paced for 20/20 last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lehkonen have a similar trajectory. Not necessarily the same stats but I think he could start to become closer to what we thought we had in him when he first came to us. Fantastic depth player.

Reactions: DAChampion

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
I agree! He seems looser playing on the 4th line and is able to play a style more suited to his game (and not get in his own head when he misses opportunities). He's always been a great forechecker and now he's generating his own offence from it. He's playing with a lot of confidence right now - it's nice to see.

I would love to see him get some Selke consideration. He's not a center and he's not good for 50+ points so he's never going to be a nominee in this era, but some stray 4-5th votes would be appropriate if his play remains steady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->