Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Terrier is a great way to describe our Lehks. One of the little pups that you can't stop from digging holes under your fence so he can hang in the neighbors yard.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Lekhs has been doing this same work consistently throughout his whole time here, people just don't hate him anymore cause he's not in a top 6 role.

I love him :)

I agree. I always liked him, but it's true that this situation is the one that suits him the best at the moment. I am sure he would prefer to play up the lineup, but here is really where he can excel.

Also, it's not exactly true that he's been doing the same work. He is a notch above. It may be confidence or just his game maturing, but he is extra feisty and, at the moment, pucks just hit him all the time.

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I agree. I always liked him, but it's true that this situation is the one that suits him the best at the moment. I am sure he would prefer to play up the lineup, but here is really where he can excel.

Also, it's not exactly true that he's been doing the same work. He is a notch above. It may be confidence or just his game maturing, but he is extra feisty and, at the moment, pucks just hit him all the time.

Yes I can agree to that, I should rephrase, he's now more consistent with his effort since the bubble forsure. He's always shown spurts of this ultra work ethic and feistiness even going back to the Rags series in the playoffs.

He also doesnt get dragged anymore for not producing which outshines all his great D work.
Anyhow, keep er going Lekhy

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's awesome in his current role, please don't move him up the lineup.
He's fine on a shutdown 3rd line too. People are just ridiculous expecting 3rd liners to score 40+ points consistently.

There are "theoretically" 279 Top-9 players in the NHL, assuming there are 93 first line players, 93 second line players, and 93 third line players. Only 172 players, 2 years ago (used that since it was a full season) hit 40 points. If you add in some injuries, maybe 180.

So in reality, a few players used in a second line role won't hit 40 points.

Lehkonen is a good third line player. And potentially better with better players in a deep roster. As a 4th liner? He's probably one of, if not the best in the league.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's fine on a shutdown 3rd line too. People are just ridiculous expecting 3rd liners to score 40+ points consistently.

There are "theoretically" 279 Top-9 players in the NHL, assuming there are 93 first line players, 93 second line players, and 93 third line players. Only 172 players, 2 years ago (used that since it was a full season) hit 40 points. If you add in some injuries, maybe 180.

So in reality, a few players used in a second line role won't hit 40 points.

Lehkonen is a good third line player. And potentially better with better players in a deep roster. As a 4th liner? He's probably one of, if not the best in the league.

We don't have elite offensive players. So, for our team, we need our 3rd liners to put up 40+ points. He would be perfect on a 3rd line on a team like Edmonton or Washington.

But still Lehkonen is ridiculous on a 4th line for us, a real luxury.

Reactions: angusyoung

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
NOT a small move; Lehkonen is our best forechecker in the bottom 6 (Hell, he might be the best on the team)...Clod just being Clod...
well hardest worker for sure, what a message that was.
Danault, does nothing and plays overtime and top minutes,
HOw can he not lose the room with such moves

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Still can't believe this, somewhat small move but theres literally no reasons for it.

I'm guessing he wants to keep Perry in for his offense - both on the pp and as a secondary threat 5 on 5. Can't take him out after he saved us a point. Byron brings speed and got us a big goal two games ago. And I guess CJ wants the top 9 to get going, so he doesn't want to take anyone put from their. Can't sit a center. We only have 4.

It's not the end of the world for hard working, but chokes when he has a chance, Lehkonen to sit two games in a row. He'll probably be in for Perry or Byron next game.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011

Hard to ask for a better bottom 6er really, never whines, never pouts, whatever role is asked of him, he does with enthusiasm and enrgy. I really thought he would score a bit more than he does but his presence is felt wherever he plays and always with a ton of energy... I do like him quite a bit personnally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->