Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sam Bennett has been a beast too. Crazy how a change of scenery can really change a player.

I always liked him as a junior player and thought he had way more to show then he had in Calgary. Glad to see him having success, would have loved to see us get him.

Montour another player I wanted at the deadline is looking fantastic, which begs the question just how much can you read into a players performance in that disaster of a franchise. I would be after Ristolianen this summer, he likely shows way better in a better environment.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ita clear bs, no way he couldn't have played last week in the regular season and should have been activated prior to year end. This league is pathetic.
Tampa is a southern team. We’ve seen examples in the past of southern teams struggling with attendance when their teams aren’t good. Bettman won’t punish Tampa because he needs them to be good so he can continue to try to grow the game in the south. It’s terrible.

Bettman is such a tool.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Tampa is a southern team. We’ve seen examples in the past of southern teams struggling with attendance when their teams aren’t good. Bettman won’t punish Tampa because he needs them to be good so he can continue to try to grow the game in the south. It’s terrible.

Bettman is such a tool.

Tampa has a big enough market now and it shouldn't matter anyhow.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yup we saw just that from our guys in 17-18. They are capable of it if they turn it on.
Dubois is another guy who has shown he can turn it on the playoffs. He almost single handedly eliminated Toronto last year, hopefully he continues with that.

Reactions: surixon

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup we saw just that from our guys in 17-18. They are capable of it if they turn it on.
Kind of apples and oranges no ? This is no where near our 17-18 team. We’ll see what they can muster, but as a perpetual pessimist, I’m not hopeful.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kind of apples and oranges no ? This is no where near our 17-18 team. We’ll see what they can muster, but as a perpetual pessimist, I’m not hopeful.

I'm not either with Moe at the helm and we won't be playing an aggressive brand of hockey anyhow so doubt we see anything high paced. He'll try to slow the game down and clog things up.

Reactions: Larabee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad