Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
That's a point of view.

I feel exactly the opposite way. The lack of enforcement of the rules stifles skill and talent - skating, speed, passing, shooting, creativity, etc. It rewards mugging, tripping, hooking, cross-checking, etc. This debate is not about clean hitting, within the rules.

BUT, the most important thing is consistency. If the rules don't apply in the PO, then they shouldn't in the regular season either. Or vice-versa. Decide what the rules are and then enforce them - whatever they are.
Exactly. Regular season performance and strategy should be applicable in playoffs

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

None

Feb 22, 2012
So what does watching the first three games of the playoffs tell me?

that the North division was full of crappy teams.

I've barely watched the American teams this season but I definitely felt like I was watching a league under different rules at times when I did. It really makes me curious to see how matchups are going to play out when the divisional matchups are finished.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Vegas is f***ed in a few years — bloated contracts and guys past their prime — they’ll be in a very tough rebuild.

They need to get over the hump soon, so if the Wild can take them out in round one, that’d be extra splendid.
Which ones besides Pie?
Serious question.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Which ones besides Pie?
Serious question.
Stone is great but he’s making 9.5 until he’s 36. Patches is expensive but he’s only signed for a few more years. Lehner’s contract is pretty iffy too.

As it stands, they’re right up against the cap already and their roster isn’t getting any younger. Once their older players start to decline, they’ll run into issues.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stone is great but he’s making 9.5 until he’s 36. Patches is expensive but he’s only signed for a few more years. Lehner’s contract is pretty iffy too.

As it stands, they’re right up against the cap already and their roster isn’t getting any younger. Once their older players start to decline, they’ll run into issues.

I'm pretty shocked Cody Glass hasnt made an impact for them yet. Anyone know what the deal is with him as he's at the age where you'd expect him to be a full time NHLer.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Frendlygiant

Apr 27, 2018
Man, I hope Dubois and Lowry are watching these games and just getting pumped to throw their bodies around.

edit:spelling

Reactions: DRC

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm pretty shocked Cody Glass hasnt made an impact for them yet. Anyone know what the deal is with him as he's at the age where you'd expect him to be a full time NHLer.
Bust :sarcasm:

Kidding, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad