Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Sam Bennett is a good fit on Florida as he seems to be a "Florida man"- how dumb to take that kind of penalty in the last 8 minutes of a playoff game when your team is up by 1.

Reactions: Larabee

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
stone, fleury
Fleury only has one season left and he is in the Vezina talks for this season.
Stone's contract probably won't age well but he is only 29.
They're going all in while their window is open. Don't get me wrong, I hate this team as much as anyone but besides Pie. I really don't see a bad contract.
Lehner's contract is probably below market value because he is a starter. He is playing behind an older goalie that is playing lights out.
It wouldn't surprise me if MAF is playing goal for Beefalo next season and Lehner slips right into the starting position.
Lehner's last 3 season's sv% is .913, .918, and .930...320 games and lifetime sv% is .918
Helle's is .916, .922 and .913...315 games played and lifetine sv% is .917.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Fleury only has one season left and he is in the Vezina talks for this season.
Stone's contract probably won't age well but he is only 29.
They're going all in while their window is open. Don't get me wrong, I hate this team as much as anyone but besides Pie. I really don't see a bad contract.
Lehner's contract is probably below market value because he is a starter. He is playing behind an older goalie that is playing lights out.
It wouldn't surprise me if MAF is playing goal for Beefalo next season and Lehner slips right into the starting position.
Lehner's last 3 season's sv% is .913, .918, and .930...320 games and lifetime sv% is .918
Helle's is .916, .922 and .913...315 games played and lifetine sv% is .917.
Yep, they’re going all-in right now. They have to because they’re f***ed in a few years (same with teams like Toronto). That’s why it’ll be so sweet of Minny can knock them out.

Flower’s contract is fine. Not much term left on it. Stone’s is potentially albatross-like. Big money to a guy who can’t skate who is about to be on the wrong side of 30 and signed way too long. Lehner is up in the air. Not sure I trust him to live up to it, but if he does than it’s a good signing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe we can trade Scheifele for him? He is a better team player/ leader than Scheif's has shown last couple of years. Just a thought?
Very happy with Scheifele and don't forget what this team looked like without Scheifele. We still had Wheeler , Connor and Ehlers playing and we couldn't do shit offensively. Scheifele is very underrated by some on this board.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
f***..... I like Point a lot though but I can't cheer for a team that gamed the system like they did.

I am a huge fan of Point and Hedman but these guys got the cup a d I am not a fan of the cap move this season.

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I always liked him as a junior player and thought he had way more to show then he had in Calgary. Glad to see him having success, would have loved to see us get him.

Montour another player I wanted at the deadline is looking fantastic, which begs the question just how much can you read into a players performance in that disaster of a franchise. I would be after Ristolianen this summer, he likely shows way better in a better environment.

I have been dead set against getting Risto - but you have a point. It isn't like that is a rare occurrence.

Bennett now up to 17 pts in 11 games total. WTF? :laugh:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Montour another player I wanted at the deadline is looking fantastic, which begs the question just how much can you read into a players performance in that disaster of a franchise. I would be after Ristolianen this summer, he likely shows way better in a better environment.
I wouldn't call 4 points in 13 games with 18 minutes in penalties fantastic.
I have no interest in Risto and he is an UFA in a year as well.
If we could pick him up for two 3rds or less, it might be worth it but the Sabres aren't going to let him go that cheap.
If we go after a D man, go all in and make a pitch for a re-signed Jones.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wouldn't call 4 points in 13 games with 18 minutes in penalties fantastic.
I have no interest in Risto and he is an UFA in a year as well.
If we could pick him up for two 3rds or less, it might be worth it but the Sabres aren't going to let him go that cheap.
If we go after a D man, go all in and make a pitch for a re-signed Jones.

Well yeah if we could get Jones I'd be all in on that but I doubt he's going anywhere.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He is in Columbus for another year but what about that if they continue to flounder?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well yeah if we could get Jones I'd be all in on that but I doubt he's going anywhere.
Jones is very likely to go to UFA next year. Assuming he has nothing to do with PLD wanting out, then it might be worth it to try to get him at the deadline.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jones is very likely to go to UFA next year. Assuming he has nothing to do with PLD wanting out, then it might be worth it to try to get him at the deadline.

Well I imagine Columbus will do everything they can to get him extended and if not they will deal him this summer when he can agree to an extension with someone. He is exactly what we need but I'm not sure he'd be willing to extend with us.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well I imagine Columbus will do everything they can to get him extended and if not they will deal him this summer when he can agree to an extension with someone. He is exactly what we need but I'm not sure he'd be willing to extend with us.
I don’t think he’d sign here either. He’ll probably go to a big market like NYR or Philly...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Aside from Lowry and maybe Copp, we’re just way too soft to play this style of hockey
I don't know, Wheeler throws his weight around, as does Pionk, Perreault, and even Ehlers. Scheifele is strong along the boards though he doesn't really initiate physical contact. PLD is capable of it, as is Benn, Morrissey and Stanley.

I think we're fine in the physical department.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not either with Moe at the helm and we won't be playing an aggressive brand of hockey anyhow so doubt we see anything high paced. He'll try to slow the game down and clog things up.
Yet, when we played this aggressive brand of hockey in 17-18, Maurice was the coach, so I'd say it's definitely possible. I think our roster makeup dictated a change in style, not saying the style we're playing was the right one to select, just saying.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I don't know, Wheeler throws his weight around, as does Pionk, Perreault, and even Ehlers. Scheifele is strong along the boards though he doesn't really initiate physical contact. PLD is capable of it, as is Benn, Morrissey and Stanley.

I think we're fine in the physical department.

We’re plenty fine and people are gonna realize it hopefully. Some act like we’re supposed to come flying across the ice trying to kill someone apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad