Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So Tavares has a knee injury along with being concussed, I wonder if the injury happen when he tried to get up and fell back awkwardly.
I thought the same. I was flabbergasted that the trainers allowed Tavares to try to get up, and then fall backwards again. The initial emergency response should be to always keep immobile and stabilize the cervical spine. I would bet the trainers got an earful from the team doctors for their initial response.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I thought the same. I was flabbergasted that the trainers allowed Tavares to try to get up, and then fall backwards again. The initial emergency response should be to always keep immobile and stabilize the cervical spine. I would bet the trainers got an earful from the team doctors for their initial response.

I said the exact thing to a couple of family members when they called, they are Leaf fans, what was your trainer trying to do the guy took a heavy wallop to the neck area and looked out cold and your trying to get him up

Reactions: ps241

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Knee bone is connected to the leg bone,
leg bone is connected to the head bone.
I interpreted the other poster as asking about the origins of the knee injury. I think it would be fair to guess that the concussion also came from getting kneed to the face rather than an awkward fall afterward.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seriously. How hard is it for TSN/SN to play some hockey highlights?

They show the Jets/Oilers, Tavares watch, then jump to basketball/soccer/etc. As far as I know, there were at least 2-3 more NHL games last night from which I want to see highlights!

What does TSN have to do with it? That was a 100% SN broadcast. That's why I skipped over 100% of the between periods commentary.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Seriously. How hard is it for TSN/SN to play some hockey highlights?

They show the Jets/Oilers, Tavares watch, then jump to basketball/soccer/etc. As far as I know, there were at least 2-3 more NHL games last night from which I want to see highlights!

What about the condensed highlights from nhl.com. I have the app and have been using that for games.

Frendlygiant

Apr 27, 2018

Yea, definitely agree immobilizing is the first option. I have seen a lot of experts say that it isn't easy to do when you are dealing with a fit, semi-conscious athlete, whos first instinct is to stand up. Even if you restrain them they say more injuries can result because that can make them fight back more. Dealing with all that while slipping on ice does not seem like a fun scenario.

Reactions: razorsedge

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bolts handing the Panthers a beating so far in the second
Yeah the Panthers played very well, bobrovsky not so well (though there were some tough ones)

I see that interference is being allowed again, muzzin came way out of his lane to slow the forecheck

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Montreal with the worst goaltender interference challenge ever. Price knew when the puck went in it was a good goal. If anyone thinks there is interference it’s the goalie, and Price didn’t say boo.

the reason it took so long to review was because the refs were wondering what they hell they were looking for.

maybe Montreal wanted a long time out…

Reactions: ryerockarola

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Yeah the Panthers played very well, bobrovsky not so well (though there were some tough ones)

I see that interference is being allowed again, muzzin came way out of his lane to slow the forecheck

Leafs playing like they are going to get all the calls tonight and so far they have

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad