Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Price WAS their elite talent.

Allen .932
Price .893 Small sample you say? Last year .909.

Looks like if Julien had taken a couple of starts from Price and given them to Allen, he would still have a job.

And in the very next breath watch him pitch a .920 in the game tomorrow, frustrating our offensive weapons. It’s that level of typical I expect especially after a few days off.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I didn’t say that I’d rather play Toronto. Just don’t trust jets after a lay-off to be prepared to start a game and coupled with the recent firings, just expect their effort level to be revved up.
I’d assume there is a reason why there were the firings like problems with mtl squad. That said I’m also nervous jets won’t be sharp but more to do with the jets than anything mtl does or doesn’t do.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Personally I find it infuriating that it takes a wake up call like falling behind to show up. Please prepare to start the game!!!

Also that record includes just one game versus Toronto. Had we played them 4 time rather than Ottawa or Calgary, I feel our record wouldn’t look nearly as good.

Just my .02 cents

I agree - but I am still starting to think that I underrated this team. We've had 1 game from Laine and just 3 from his replacement. How much better might we have been if PLD didn't need to quarantine?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And in the very next breath watch him pitch a .920 in the game tomorrow, frustrating our offensive weapons. It’s that level of typical I expect especially after a few days off.

A few days rest shouldn't either cause or excuse a team losing its edge. And there is something wrong when a team consistently isn't ready to start. A couple of those bad starts have come after a good opening shift or 2. Then the other team gets a cheap goal and they go to pieces for a while.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree - but I am still starting to think that I underrated this team. We've had 1 game from Laine and just 3 from his replacement. How much better might we have been if PLD didn't need to quarantine?

This is the most confusing Jets team I have cheered for. I think if Wheeler continues to play better that will really help. I don't think we see the best of this squad until Heinola and Samberg are "eventually" integrated and contributing (so maybe next season) but for now I will just try to enjoy each game as they come. Not pumped we got the Habs right after Jules and Muller were fired and a prolonged slump but buckle up.

A while back I identified this stretch February 25th to March 17th as "the" barometer (Habs x 6 Nucks x 2 Leafs x 3) and despite the Habs recent turmoil I still think its an important stretch. I am going to keep track of the stretch and if we can get about 12 points I think we are in very good shape this season.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The sound of $9,000,000 getting flushed.

Normally one might think he's not playing because he's about to get traded, but no one is going to trade anything of value for him. Pretty sure Buffalo would be getting offered peanuts. So if you aren't trading him, would Buffalo buy him out? And perpetual banishment to the press box isn't going to help him play better.

Listening to Bruce Boudreau on NHL network this morning and he says the opposite. Play him more. Play him on the #1 line until he drops. It's the only way to get him out of this. Once he feels some success, he will be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Normally one might think he's not playing because he's about to get traded, but no one is going to trade anything of value for him. Pretty sure Buffalo would be getting offered peanuts. So if you aren't trading him, would Buffalo buy him out? And perpetual banishment to the press box isn't going to help him play better.

I am sure Buffalo would be dancing in the streets if they got offered even peanuts for him. Likely the offers to take on that contract are multiple 1st round picks from Buffalo if even that.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Listening to Bruce Boudreau on NHL network this morning and he says the opposite. Play him more. Play him on the #1 line until he drops. It's the only way to get him out of this. Once he feels some success, he will be better.

Buyout looks better after another couple of years. He has a signing bonus of 7.5 mil due for '23 season.

I have to agree with Boudreau. 4th line or PB won't do anything to solve the problem. Put him back with Eichel. He will start to score again.

Reactions: cbcwpg

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Sometimes it's time for the stick. They've got ninety more years, or however long his contract is, to give him the carrot.

On paper you and Boudreau are quite right, though. Get him going.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Buyout looks better after another couple of years. He has a signing bonus of 7.5 mil due for '23 season.

I have to agree with Boudreau. 4th line or PB won't do anything to solve the problem. Put him back with Eichel. He will start to score again.
It seems like the sabres mishandled the whole situation.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've loved watching Stutzle play, fun kid to watch. I really like a number of the Sens young kids.

Yup, him Batherson and Tkachuk are a pretty nice group of young forwards and Chabot is a stud on defense. I do have some concerns of their long term center situation as neither Norris or Brown look like corner stone centers.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
After a bad collapse last game, Vancouver currently getting shut out in the 3rd against Edmonton. This 4 game home stand was supposed to be make or break for them and they've got 1 point out of 8.

The Flames loss looks bad but Toronto did 90% of the work for Ottawa there and Rittich was playing his 3rd game in 4 nights.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Anyone else a bit surprised that the Hawks are 5th OA in the NHL after their offseason and Toews injury?

I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out but they keep getting points.
I haven't been watching any games outside of the north so I'm not sure what is going on with teams like the Kings and Hawks (better than expected) or Blues (worse than expected).

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The way things are going you gotta think Vancouver or Calgary will lose their coach next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad