Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Lupul didn't play along and the Leafs still got away with it.
Lupul had a long documented history of injuries. He wasn't happy that the Leafs failed him on his physical but he had the opportunity to dispute it and get an independent medical evaluation if he had wanted to. He chose not to do that.

The Sabres would have a much more difficult time trying to do that with Skinner as his only injury history is related to concussions. It would be hard for them to claim that he all of the sudden is unfit to play due to a history of concussions without him suffering another concussion.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Lupul had a long documented history of injuries. He wasn't happy that the Leafs failed him on his physical but he had the opportunity to dispute it and get an independent medical evaluation if he had wanted to. He chose not to do that.

The Sabres would have a much more difficult time trying to do that with Skinner as his only injury history is related to concussions. It would be hard for them to claim that he all of the sudden is unfit to play due to a history of concussions without him suffering another concussion.

Yeah, good point. Lupul had recourse and decided not to use it.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Leaf fans should look carefully at Boston. They went from looking unbeatable and consensus division winners to a few losses from being out of a playoff position.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
As I said it could be as simple as they're trying to make Skinner as uncomfortable as possible within the rules to get him to waive his nmc. Dreger might've phrased it poorly to say they're trying to force him out, but at the end of the day even if he does waive they still need a buyer and a willingness to eat a loss on him.

Like telling the coaches not to talk to him anymore? :sarcasm:

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Problem with Skinner is that he appears to be unteachable, which is likely why he is in Kreuger's doghouse. Skinner has a lot of talent but my guess is that he wants to do things his way, on his terms and that simply doesn't fly.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Problem with Skinner is that he appears to be unteachable, which is likely why he is in Kreuger's doghouse. Skinner has a lot of talent but my guess is that he wants to do things his way, on his terms and that simply doesn't fly.
Oh come on, it's not like he'd throw a tantrum if things didn't go his way.

skinnerhissyfit-carolina11042011-011.gif

Jokes aside, to me it feels weird that they wouldn't just overload the top 6 on the Sabres. Sure, Skinner may be a flawed player, but he's paid $9M per year, so why wouldn't you just try to take advantage of the fact that he IS a very good goal scorer?

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Watched an interview in which Babcock claims the Leafs tanked to get Matthews. Why wouldn’t this be reviewed as potentially against league policy. Are the Sports channel’s so bias toward Toronto that a significant infraction is ignored?

Reactions: hn777

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Watched an interview in which Babcock claims the Leafs tanked to get Matthews. Why wouldn’t this be reviewed as potentially against league policy. Are the Sports channel’s so bias toward Toronto that a significant infraction is ignored?

Everyone at the management level tanks when given the chance to land a player like Matthews. It's been going on since the NHL had a draft.

This news is like saying rain is wet.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Interestingly that year we won a lot of games at stretch still got Laine. Maybe if we tanked properly might have better chance to draft Matthews

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Oh come on, it's not like he'd throw a tantrum if things didn't go his way.

skinnerhissyfit-carolina11042011-011.gif

Jokes aside, to me it feels weird that they wouldn't just overload the top 6 on the Sabres. Sure, Skinner may be a flawed player, but he's paid $9M per year, so why wouldn't you just try to take advantage of the fact that he IS a very good goal scorer?

He's like a poor mans Laine. He is a pure finisher and if you want to get some kind of return on the contract then you need to play him with a top playmaker like Eichel. Instead of trying to turn him into something he is not nor likely to be at his age utilize him correctly to help your team win.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Interestingly that year we won a lot of games at stretch still got Laine. Maybe if we tanked properly might have better chance to draft Matthews

I think we actually had better odds of picking 1st when the last ball was pulled for that lottery. I remember hearing that we still had a few combinations left that would've given us 1st and Toronto only had 1.

Edit:

Found this

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Another point for Roslovic for Columbus. Again; not a good game but finds a way to rack up points. I’ve seen pretty much every game since the trade and Jack does not seem any different from when he was here. Terrible without the Puck. Only difference is he’s on the top line and gets first power-play minutes.

Reactions: roccerfeller

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Another point for Roslovic for Columbus. Again; not a good game but finds a way to rack up points. I’ve seen pretty much every game since the trade and Jack does not seem any different from when he was here. Terrible without the Puck. Only difference is he’s on the top line and gets first power-play minutes.

He is getting Avery good opportunity in Columbus. He is who he is but that was a good landing spot. Laine looked a bit dopey today.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Big difference

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It almost seems like Liane panics every time he has the puck in the neutral zone.

He loses the puck in situations where it has no business being lost either trying to make a play that he doesn't have the hands to pull off or going for an optimistic pass.That was the most infuriating thing about him when he was with the Jets and it is continuing with the CBJ. He smothers so much of his own offense.

Reactions: roccerfeller

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
He is getting Avery good opportunity in Columbus. He is who he is but that was a good landing spot. Laine looked a bit dopey today.

Bang on about Laine today, I have seen every game that he has played with CBJ since the trade and today he looked like he would of rather of been somewhere else, he could of sat in the stands as he was as much of a spectator and the empty seats, his most disappointing game to date with the Jackets, you are right about Roslo he is getting every chance to show management what he can do and I have to say they should be happy with what he has brought but can he get his game to another level

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That isn't an infraction. What rule does it break?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He's got a lot of secondary assists this year. He has been just OK in the games I've seen. I think he might be a passable second line center if he can round out his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad