Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Damn... sure would be nice if we could have gotten a free 2020 1st rounder out of Toronto for buying out Marleau for them. but FYOUS coming our way...

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Damn... sure would be nice if we could have gotten a free 2020 1st rounder out of Toronto for buying out Marleau for them. but FYOUS coming our way...
Taking on a portion of that contract via buyout for a 1st rounder would show that Melnyk is at least invested in this “rebuild”.

But nope, can’t even have that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kind of happened with Trotz last year, although he wasn't an interim coach. IDK if it was his choice or the Capitals' though
My understanding was going into the playoffs, it was known that the capitals intended to go their separate ways from Trotz, but after winning the cup, they did extend an offer to him, which he rejected. Writing was on the way, I'd suggest it was likely mutual, with a partial change of heart by the team.

Reactions: Deku

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
St. Louis Blues have not qualified Oskar Sundqvist. He's only 25 years old and was a beast in the playoffs. Just saying....

He moves to the top of the guys I'd like off the scrap heap. He's big, he's agressive, he can skate and he proved last season that he can chip in enough offensively to make a difference (14G, 31P in 74GP). Could be a younger and better version of what Pajaarvi was the last couple of seasons. I'd certainly want him over Gibbons and Lindberg.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He moves to the top of the guys I'd like off the scrap heap. He's big, he's agressive, he can skate and he proved last season that he can chip in enough offensively to make a difference (14G, 31P in 74GP). Could be a younger and better version of what Pajaarvi was the last couple of seasons. I'd certainly want him over Gibbons and Lindberg.
Agree. Of course next year doesn’t matter. We don’t want to win. So whoever is cheapest.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
St. Louis Blues have not qualified Oskar Sundqvist. He's only 25 years old and was a beast in the playoffs. Just saying....
Sundqvist was qualified.

The only players that the Blues didn't qualify were Soshnikov and Bleackley.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Well we have the first enforcement of the recapture penalty with Roberto Luongo retiring today...to the team he hasn't been a part of for 6 years.

Canucks have 3.03 mil on their cap for the next 3 years because of that 12 albatross of a contract.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It's going to be amazing when Marner is playing for another team come October.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Really don't want to see Duchene in Montreal.

Obviously Columbus is preferable but Montreal would really suck.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought Duchene was coming back to Ottawa.
Qu1sgM.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I love what I’m hearing about Pavelski leaving SJ, when leaders like that leave who also have 38 goals it disrupts teams so much, we saw it here with Alfie.

SJ is a high ankle sprain on Burns, Karlsson or Couture from missing the playoffs - and just thinking of having that pick be something excellent is the magic beans Ottawa needs to turn this franchise around

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I love what I’m hearing about Pavelski leaving SJ, when leaders like that leave who also have 38 goals it disrupts teams so much, we saw it here with Alfie.

SJ is a high ankle sprain on Burns, Karlsson or Couture from missing the playoffs - and just thinking of having that pick be something excellent is the magic beans Ottawa needs to turn this franchise around

Dude...bad karma. Don't be like those awful Avs fans who spent every waking hour calculating their lotto chances with our pick last year. We don't need the hockey gods hitting us with another tsunami or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad