Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
solidprospect said:
NHL strength of schedule were released today for the rest of the season.

CBJ has 6 home games left, 9 road games with a combined opponent win % of 0.581. CBJ seems to have one of the most difficult left.All teams here:

NHL strength of schedule for rest of 2018-19 season

They play the Bruins 3 more times...And that last game against us.

All I'm saying is that they have a five point lead up on the 14th picking team in PHI, a 6 point lead on the 13th picking team in ARZ, 7 on COL+FLA for the 12th/11th, 8 on BUF for 10th, 11 on EDM for 9th, etc etc.

With 15 games remaining, a 6 point gap is pretty big. So I think if they miss the playoffs, there's a very low chance that the pick ends up being any higher than 15. That's still a good pick, but if it comes at the expense of Duchene re-signing with them, I would rather take 16-20 and their pick next year.

We play them on their last game of the year, so it's going to come down to them having to beat us to make it in. Too good of a story for that not to happen.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
And Duchene scores the winner and Dzingel will assist no doubt ^

On a tangent, TBL have already clinched. That’s a scary team this season, they’ve gotta make the final surely!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I hope when new ownership comes in we do a complete rebrand. new arena, new jerseys, new direction. New Ottawa Senators.

I want to be able to forgot this era of senators hockey.

Reactions: Beville and DrEasy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Price got lit up for EIGHT goals against Anaheim, one of the worst teams in the league.

Just let that sink in!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd suggest without the slightest bit of criticism, if you are going to shut down a thread saying the topic belongs in another thread, to move the posts of that other thread into the thread they belong in.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Bad Luck for Karlsson and the Sharks

I wonder if it's just bad luck, or if Karlsson is at risk to start breaking down.

He has played a lot of minutes from a young age. Outside of the Cooke injury, which was more of a freak thing, prior to 2017 he never had any major injuries.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I hate saying it but we really might have dodged a bullet in regards to Karlsson. He has had a very rough year in terms of injuries and he took a while to get back to being great last year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder if it's just bad luck, or if Karlsson is at risk to start breaking down.

He has played a lot of minutes from a young age. Outside of the Cooke injury, which was more of a freak thing, prior to 2017 he never had any major injuries.

I could change the words from "Bad Luck" to "Unfortunate"... I suppose it could be breaking down... whether it is or not, the happenstance is unfortunate.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't see the injuries being chronic for Karlsson. A groin strain and another injury ('in the same neighbourhood') perhaps a hip flexor strain aren't something I would be too about moving forward for a skater.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I hate saying it but we really might have dodged a bullet in regards to Karlsson. He has had a very rough year in terms of injuries and he took a while to get back to being great last year.

There's risk both ways. If he wanted to stay, and we gave him the bonus filled full NMC contract, there's a risk that he'd break down early on and we'd be stock with one legged Karlsson, but there's also risk that if we traded him (as we did) he'd return to form from his previous leg injury and we'd lose a generational player for a package of B level assets.

After his first fifteen or so games where he seemed to struggle to find his way in San Jose's system, he looked like he had returned to form.

The Sens would have insight to his physical condition, so it is plausible that they may have seen something that gave them pause, but given that we've traded all of our stars, it's more likely to assume that Karlsson's physical condition wasn't a primary factor.

Karlsson has played an extraordinary amount of minutes for the better part of the last decade, so it's possible that might be catching up with him. That's why I am interested to see. It's also possible that this is too small of a sample size, and he'll return to his healthy self. You might be right that the Senators dodged a bullet, I guess only time will tell.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
All I'm saying is that they have a five point lead up on the 14th picking team in PHI, a 6 point lead on the 13th picking team in ARZ, 7 on COL+FLA for the 12th/11th, 8 on BUF for 10th, 11 on EDM for 9th, etc etc.

With 15 games remaining, a 6 point gap is pretty big. So I think if they miss the playoffs, there's a very low chance that the pick ends up being any higher than 15. That's still a good pick, but if it comes at the expense of Duchene re-signing with them, I would rather take 16-20 and their pick next year.

We play them on their last game of the year, so it's going to come down to them having to beat us to make it in. Too good of a story for that not to happen.
Yup was posting those stats to support what you were saying. So we'll have pick 14-20ish as well as pick #32, could trade up or try finding 2 Whites, or Formentons or bernard dockers.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Yup was posting those stats to support what you were saying. So we'll have pick 14-20ish as well as pick #32, could trade up or try finding 2 Whites, or Formentons or bernard dockers.

Detroit might be an interesting target to trade up with if they put some wins together and end up in the sort of 7-10 wheelhouse.

We could take Zetterberg+Franzen who are LTIRetired. Both are only owed 1M per season (as little as 200k if they are insured).

It comes down to whether Detroit wants to keep Vanek+Howard while also positioning themselves to make a big splash in free agency. With the potential for Panarin, Karlsson, Duchene, and other big names on the market, I could see how they might value wiping out those LTIR contracts.

Reactions: Xspyrit

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

No we really didn't. He's going to be fine for the playoffs and this rest will do wonders for his health going forward. Couple of random injuries don't mean he's breaking down lol.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Feels more like Karlsson is suffering from coming back a bit too early from injury before having his body ready. Definitely a risk when a guy is in 'impression' mode...new team, contract year, and all that.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The media can all go straight to hell.

The second we trade Stone and they finally start throwing around the word "Selke."

Kypreos just said his play away from puck might be the best in the league. WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS?!?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
first goal with Vegas

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I thought I was numb to getting hurt by the Sens for now, just seen Stone’s celly after scoring for Vegas. Should have been our captain until retirement

Never gettin over this one :(

I thought the Karlsson trade hurt man the Stone one might be worse.

f*** Melnyk and f*** the Sens organization.

A bunch of idiots and a bunch of absolute clowns.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I thought the Karlsson trade hurt man the Stone one might be worse.

**** Melnyk and **** the Sens organization.

A bunch of idiots and a bunch of absolute clowns.
Stone trade is much much worse for me. Didn't care about Karlsson leaving as I wanted Stone to be the next captain. Now with Stone gone this team is hard to watch.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stone's loss hurts more because he was the last to leave and we all know there is no one left to replace his leadership, much less his overall skill. With Karlsson, at least for me, I fully believed we were going to keep Stone no matter what at that moment in time so that was small consolation. Mark's departure just felt like the final nail in the proverbial coffin that are the Senators in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad