NHL Around the NHL XXIII - Hockey is BACK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
From The Athletic:

At least three Montreal Canadiens players have tested positive for COVID-19 in recent days, league sources told The Athletic on Sunday.
The National Hockey League declined comment, citing its policy regarding COVID-19 disclosure. The Canadiens also declined to comment.
News of the positive tests comes as 24 NHL teams are set to begin training camp Monday to prepare for the return-to-play tournament scheduled to begin Aug. 1 in Toronto and Edmonton. Players have until 5 p.m. ET on Monday to exercise their right to opt out of the tournament without penalty.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I guess it's unknown if these are knew test results or are part of the original ones the NHL announced already.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Weird thing was I thought there was going to be a "no identifying which teams, just the total number of players" policy, so what's up with the Habs saying they have multiple positives?

To some degree, hiding COVID results of the athletes is kabuki theater. Players absolutely have the right to keep their results and health history (negative, positive asymptomatic, positive symptomatic) private, but let's face it - unless we're going to allow teams to completely make up stories (ie Player X has a "groin strain" that will keep him out for at least two weeks of the playoffs when he really has a positive test), people are going to be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Although, admittedly, the Bruins didn't have much of a public leak when it came to their June 12th announcement that someone had an asymptomatic positive test, followed by two negatives. I'm no expert on the precise NHL rules and policies regarding COVID, but I would imagine that the positive player is medically cleared by now, presuming no further positive tests. But once the season and practices start....there are going to be questions when players don't show.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Weird thing was I thought there was going to be a "no identifying which teams, just the total number of players" policy, so what's up with the Habs saying they have multiple positives?

To some degree, hiding COVID results of the athletes is kabuki theater. Players absolutely have the right to keep their results and health history (negative, positive asymptomatic, positive symptomatic) private, but let's face it - unless we're going to allow teams to completely make up stories (ie Player X has a "groin strain" that will keep him out for at least two weeks of the playoffs when he really has a positive test), people are going to be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Although, admittedly, the Bruins didn't have much of a public leak when it came to their June 12th announcement that someone had an asymptomatic positive test, followed by two negatives. I'm no expert on the precise NHL rules and policies regarding COVID, but I would imagine that the positive player is medically cleared by now, presuming no further positive tests. But once the season and practices start....there are going to be questions when players don't show.

Hard to keep anything about hockey a secret in Montreal

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So dumb. Trying to hide things is only going to backfire. Be as transparent as possible without violating the player's privacy.
UnfoldedFailingBustard-small.gif

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad