NHL Around the NHL XXIII - Hockey is BACK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Again GTFO, OFF THE MASK AND IN THE NET IS A PERFECT SHOT? A perefect shot goes right in the net.
Huh? Disagree completely. Look at the angle from which he was shooting and the position of the goalie. Absolutely a perfect shot. He knew what he was doing. That shot doesn't go in any other way than the way he made it.

Last replay starting at :34 shows very nicely what a great shot it was.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-8-6_1-18-28.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Two teams that have a combined 42 regulation wins in the regular season are now favorites to make the playoffs. And that's not including Arizona!

The Bruins have 38 regulation wins alone.

Someone make 2020 stop.

Reactions: BAD BOY and Fenway

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

The Hawks earned it tonight. Oilers made the same mistake as the Pens - got a lead and then sat too contentedly on it, and found themselves spending too much time in their own zone. Chicago cashed in, and Edmonton had no chance to respond. Have to keep taking the game on when you're in front, simple as that.

And Chicago may be the #12 seed and probably lucky to be there, but they're a pretty solid team. Defensively they're not great and their bottom 6 forwards aren't much, but they've got enough top talent, a few mid-tier guys who can step up, and a goalie who'll at least give you something to work with, to be a competitive team. I certainly don't see them going too far in this thing, but it's not surprising they can give the likes of the Oilers some problems.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The Hawks earned it tonight. Oilers made the same mistake as the Pens - got a lead and then sat too contentedly on it, and found themselves spending too much time in their own zone. Chicago cashed in, and Edmonton had no chance to respond. Have to keep taking the game on when you're in front, simple as that.

And Chicago may be the #12 seed and probably lucky to be there, but they're a pretty solid team. Defensively they're not great and their bottom 6 forwards aren't much, but they've got enough top talent, a few mid-tier guys who can step up, and a goalie who'll at least give you something to work with, to be a competitive team. I certainly don't see them going too far in this thing, but it's not surprising they can give the likes of the Oilers some problems.

nah. This is just showing how the Oilers aren’t contenders. Blackhawks are still not a good team.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
nah. This is just showing how the Oilers aren’t contenders. Blackhawks are still not a good team.

I wouldn't call them 'good'. They struggle for consistency and too much has to go right for them to be a sustained challenger. I definitely agree the Oilers aren't the real deal. I'm just saying the Blackhawks aren't really any worse than the other teams that were floating around what the normal wildcard spots would have been in the West, hence why they can mix it with the likes of Edmonton.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't call them 'good'. They struggle for consistency and too much has to go right for them to be a sustained challenger. I definitely agree the Oilers aren't the real deal. I'm just saying the Blackhawks aren't really any worse than the other teams that were floating around what the normal wildcard spots would have been in the West, hence why they can mix it with the likes of Edmonton.
LOL....Regular season records from 5 months ago mean absolutely nothing in this summer hockey tournament.

Chicago and Montreal have as good a chance as any other team in this tournament.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
LOL....Regular season records from 5 months ago mean absolutely nothing in this summer hockey tournament.

Chicago has as good a chance as any other team in this tournament.

22 of the 24 teams that entered the bubble have won a game - one is already back in New York and the other is us :oops:

Reactions: RoccoF14

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Chicago and Montreal have as good a chance as any other team in this tournament.

Exactly. That's my point - if you've got enough in your roster to work with and can find some good form quickly you can be a threat in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad