NHL Around the NHL XXIII - Hockey is BACK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was shocked by the change but the justification is the Toronto hub has 10 US cities and 2 in Canada and Edmonton has 4 Canadian cities and 8 US.

What it came down to was the NHL ( and NBC ) did not trust Sportsnet to provide a true neutral video feed in games involving the Leafs.

Boston based camera ops have a 60+ year reputation on shooting games and a farm system thanks to college hockey.

This game was shot by a local crew in Boston from Channel 7 ( the old WNAC-TV) in 1959 that the CBC hired. The camera work was exceptional for that era.

@Fenway are you excited about going ??

I hope you tell us all about it as we are bored and will love hearing everything.

Stay safe and have fun if possible !

Reactions: eightspokedb

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway are you excited about going ??

I hope you tell us all about it as we are bored and will love hearing everything.

Stay safe and have fun if possible !

It will be good to see some of the other TV roadies - Because I won't be in contact with the players once I get there I am not stuck in the hotel.

Group 5: No contact with any other group member
  • Who: Third-party vendors, other arena staff, other hotel staff, fire marshal, police and media
  • Housing and testing: They will be housed in a separate hotel or at home. They will not require coronavirus testing but will have daily temperature checks.
I called the border crossing at Niagara and was told I am already in the system. :)

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
It may be a different thing, but the Center Ice that I see on FiOS has had 4 "classic" games playing on a loop for quite awhile. I don't know how frequently they change them, but they have been providing a service. It's not the service you paid for, but you technically are getting something...and the service has spilled over into July.

I'm not saying it's fair at all, and I do think you should probably get a 10% refund or credit for the next season.
not sure but you may be referring to NHL network? we dont have that in Canada..sometimes the classic games are on Sportsnet here...

I read on the main boards that centre ice is not doing the playoffs...not sure where that person got that info...

I'm gonna call centre ice and ask them directly...not a big $ item,but customer service sucks as they have not told their customers what the plan is on refunds/credits...should be proactive...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
not sure but you may be referring to NHL network? we dont have that in Canada..sometimes the classic games are on Sportsnet here...

I read on the main boards that centre ice is not doing the playoffs...not sure where that person got that info...

I'm gonna call centre ice and ask them directly...not a big $ item,but customer service sucks as they have not told their customers what the plan is on refunds/credits...should be proactive...

Ah, just realized you're in Canada. The package is called NHL Center Ice - it shows every out-of-market game on about 10 cable channels, and you can probably get them on digital, too. I just know one of the channels is 1477 (swipe left side of the remote top to bottom) on FiOS. I don't subscribe, but I do watch some of the free preview games they have in October and March - they offer a free preview in October for NHL, and a free preview in March because the channels are used for MLB in the summer, and they can't block out NHL without blocking out MLB.

Plus, they were free to everyone for about a month or so when they were showing the last 25 years of SCF final games. They seem to be showing quasi random games on four of their channels right now - basically the same game repeats for a couple of days on a channel, and then it switches. But, of course, I have no preview, so...

But, yeah, definitely call them. They're not likely to give you a refund if you don't ask, but may be authorized to do so if you ask. Can't hurt.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The NBA has a snitch hotline. Will the NHL?

According to Sham Charania of The Athletic, there have been "multiple" calls to a hotline the NBA set up to anonymously report social-distancing violations at the NBA bubble at the Walt Disney World resort, where 22 teams are currently preparing to restart the season on July 31.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Hopefully this isn't whistling past the graveyard, but it looks like it hasn't hurt the arena too badly...but I'm skeptical. Certainly something to watch for tomorrow.

I mean if it's like the Garden, The ice is nowhere near the ground floor. That looks a very bottom exit.

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC is planning on showing NHL playoff games in 4K on PEACOCK

upload_2020-7-17_15-58-2.png

SentimentalThunderousDodo-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Silva and MrMars

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
NBC is planning on showing NHL playoff games in 4K on PEACOCK

View attachment 354307

SentimentalThunderousDodo-size_restricted.gif

Great...I'll subscribe to Peacock as soon as NBC sends me my 4K TV.

Wait a minute, I just looked this up....Peacock doesn't have 4K yet. They better get going, FAST!

Peacock unanswered questions: Amazon, Roku, 4K, profiles, downloads and more

I hope we get some NESN action for the RR and the first round. I've built up a tolerance for Doc, but one of the reasons I like making breakfast sandwiches for lunch is when I crack the egg, I can pretend it's Pierre. I then enjoy it on a delicious tumbling English muffin.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Great...I'll subscribe to Peacock as soon as NBC sends me my 4K TV.

Wait a minute, I just looked this up....Peacock doesn't have 4K yet. They better get going, FAST!

Peacock unanswered questions: Amazon, Roku, 4K, profiles, downloads and more

I hope we get some NESN action for the RR and the first round. I've built up a tolerance for Doc, but one of the reasons I like making breakfast sandwiches for lunch is when I crack the egg, I can pretend it's Pierre. I then enjoy it on a delicious tumbling English muffin.

@talkinaway Peacock showed Premier League games in 4K on Wednesday with Xfinity. :dunno:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I was watching Pens Intra-Squad Scrimmage on Youtube today, it was weird watching hockey again...wish Bruins would stream something similar

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Three Canucks players lost their dads this season. :eek: :cry:

I understand about keeping that letter. I have several letters and other handwritten things from my dad, who died in 2001. I keep them in my firesafe box.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Nope, I've got the one before this. 4k tv going to waste.

You can order one, but you have to call Comcast. you can't get it online. At least that's how it went when I got mine last year. Streams Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in 4K too (though I prefer the 4k Fire Stick picture).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad