NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Tim Peel has watched the replay and still can’t figure out how it happened, how a sequence he’s skated thousands of times during his 22 years as an NHL referee ended in a fractured ankle.

Christmas 'break': A fluky injury will keep NHL referee Tim...

Making it even more painful for Peel is that it happened on the same day the league assigned him to the 2020 All-Star Game in his adopted hometown of St. Louis, a dream that’s been ruled out after surgery.

Peel will miss three to four months, and maybe the rest 2019-20 season, but because he had already agreed to work the 2020-21 season before retiring, this isn’t expected to be the end of his career.

“It’s frustrating because it’s the first time that I’ve ever been out with an injury,” Peel said. “I broke a few ribs probably six or seven years ago in L.A. Alec Martinez took a slap shot and broke a couple ribs, but I was able to work through that. I’ve had meniscus surgeries and things like that, but I’ve always had them in the summertime. So it’s the first time that I’ve ever been home during the season.”

IMG_1803-1024x748.jpg

Even NHL refs get hot wives....well done Tim.

Reactions: Lo97

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I was shocked to see Noel leave Boston, but even more shocked to see how well he's doing right now. Super happy for him, always liked him in Boston. Hard clean hitter who apparently can score hattys at will.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
6 goals on 6 shots, my man Noel gonna be padding his bank account after this season, happy for him.
Well he signed a three-year deal this offseason, so it's gonna have to wait.

Still, he did very well for himself and its great to see him score and have his hard work pay off. Dude is a warrior and I'm happy for him.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
amazing. So happy for him. Hatrick on a short handed penalty shot.

scored on his last 6 shots on goal.

Yeah he's having an amazing run. Fantastic stuff.

If you'd compared him and Kuraly 6 months ago and asked which was the better, more valuable player, then 99% of us would have said Sean. Even I would have, and Acciari's one of my favorite players. But their performance has gone in different directions since October and it's Noel who's really delivering at the moment, not just in goals but in his general play.

I don't say that as a criticism - Kuraly's not been terrible and I think most of the time he's putting the effort in, plus he's in a team that's treading water a bit while the Panthers have the excitement of being up-and-comers, it's just interesting how these things can shift and change quite quickly.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Congrats to Noel Acciari. Super great guy and we miss his grit and hard work; our 4th line is not the same without him.

I still hold a grudge against the posters here that claimed he had zero hockey IQ.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Congrats to Noel Acciari. Super great guy and we miss his grit and hard work; our 4th line is not the same without him.

I still hold a grudge against the posters here that claimed he had zero hockey IQ.
He took such a beating on these boards

I don’t remember who but you are right it was bad

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Accoari now has as many goals this season as Bergeron....wow lol. In all seriousness though good for Noel. Guy was model Bruins, played the game the right way and is a genuinely good guy.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
He took such a beating on these boards

I don’t remember who but you are right it was bad

I will admit I wasn't the biggest Acciari supporter at first and thought there were a lot better options out there but he grew on me when he was part of the "50's line" with Kuraly and Schaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad