NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Jeezus - Chris Johnston should be ashamed to write this kind of trash for a NATIONAL sports site. Get a load of this vomit-inducing headline:

Maple Leafs finally dazzle with jaw-dropping skill in win over Sabres :shakehead

LOL! More like Maple Leafs almost blow another f***ing three goal lead with their peewee defence.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Pittsburgh? Stop it. Abandoned their team twice. There are three types of Penguins fans...those that abandoned them twice, those that abandoned them once and those that are purely front running, bandwagon Crosby fans that will vanish when he does. They are the WORST in all of sports.

The absolute worst. No contest. Not even close. Panthers fans are more loyal for Christ's sake and I'm still not convinced they exist.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tim Peel has watched the replay and still can’t figure out how it happened, how a sequence he’s skated thousands of times during his 22 years as an NHL referee ended in a fractured ankle.

Christmas 'break': A fluky injury will keep NHL referee Tim...

Making it even more painful for Peel is that it happened on the same day the league assigned him to the 2020 All-Star Game in his adopted hometown of St. Louis, a dream that’s been ruled out after surgery.

Peel will miss three to four months, and maybe the rest 2019-20 season, but because he had already agreed to work the 2020-21 season before retiring, this isn’t expected to be the end of his career.

“It’s frustrating because it’s the first time that I’ve ever been out with an injury,” Peel said. “I broke a few ribs probably six or seven years ago in L.A. Alec Martinez took a slap shot and broke a couple ribs, but I was able to work through that. I’ve had meniscus surgeries and things like that, but I’ve always had them in the summertime. So it’s the first time that I’ve ever been home during the season.”

IMG_1803-1024x748.jpg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
“I broke a few ribs probably six or seven years ago in L.A. Alec Martinez took a slap shot and broke a couple ribs, but I was able to work through that.
Why do I get the feeling that the Kings have had it particularly rough when he's reffing their games now.

Reactions: CDJ and Fenway

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Tim Peel has watched the replay and still can’t figure out how it happened, how a sequence he’s skated thousands of times during his 22 years as an NHL referee ended in a fractured ankle.

Christmas 'break': A fluky injury will keep NHL referee Tim...

Making it even more painful for Peel is that it happened on the same day the league assigned him to the 2020 All-Star Game in his adopted hometown of St. Louis, a dream that’s been ruled out after surgery.

Peel will miss three to four months, and maybe the rest 2019-20 season, but because he had already agreed to work the 2020-21 season before retiring, this isn’t expected to be the end of his career.

“It’s frustrating because it’s the first time that I’ve ever been out with an injury,” Peel said. “I broke a few ribs probably six or seven years ago in L.A. Alec Martinez took a slap shot and broke a couple ribs, but I was able to work through that. I’ve had meniscus surgeries and things like that, but I’ve always had them in the summertime. So it’s the first time that I’ve ever been home during the season.”

IMG_1803-1024x748.jpg
I wish him a speedy recovery.

That being said, seeing him with his wife, the Joe Jackson classic "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" Immediately popped in my head.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wish him a speedy recovery.

That being said, seeing him with his wife, the Joe Jackson classic "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" Immediately popped in my head.

she`s definitely not difficult to admire from afar but still nothing compared to the pair of Ocasek and Porizkova were although they parted company after many many years together oh and I love Joe Jackson

Saw him at the Halifax Jazz fest a few years back, can listen to him all day long and not get bored, one of the most underrated artists out there

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
she`s definitely not difficult to admire from afar but still nothing compared to the pair of Ocasek and Porizkova were although they parted company after many many years together oh and I love Joe Jackson

Saw him at the Halifax Jazz fest a few years back, can listen to him all day long and not get bored, one of the most underrated artists out there

Love Joe...Saw him in Toronto 1991. One of my favourite shows. Still nothing will compare to the Reverend Horton Heat show I saw last year.

Reactions: ODAAT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I can't really put into words how good John Tonelli was. he was as clutch as they come, especially during the Isles 4 year run, and was just a fantastic all around player. He's one of those guys that never gets mentioned but Isles don't have that run without him, even with their hall of famers. I think I would compare him to the Bruins version of a left handed Nathan Horton, only better.

He was a unique player. He, Nystrom, Gillies
and Bourne were absolutey a nightmare for
D men to handle physically. Add Bossy to that
and that was an insane winger group.

Reactions: LouJersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad