NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well Josh Anderson is currently on IR so I'm guessing Wilson wasn't too worried about him. ;)
You are absolutely right.

Still a few other “non soft” players currently in CBJ lineup though, right? I mean they are not soft like us.

Still didn’t stop Wilson from hammering, and I do mean hammering, a couple of their guys though.

The hit on Krug looks pretty tame compared to smoke jobs Wilson laid on CBJ.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i want to thank serg72?? for uploading the 1992 bos/mtl series sweep games to youtube. also some other random full bruins games from the 90s.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Leafs Rangers track meet is underway. 2-1 Rangers not even halfway through the first
Leafs definitely playing a style under Keefe where he is letting the skilled players do their thing, problem is, nothing really changed defensively, still horrid

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Evils up 1-0 on Sens. Just killed off a TMMOI penalty, I guess they're not the only team that doesn't know how to count to five :shakehead

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Wilson absolutely SMOKES two Blue Jackets in this game. Funny. Josh Anderson, Foligno, or the other physical BJ’s didn’t stop that from happening or do anything about it. I’m shocked. Can’t believe it. That Columbus team is soft as puppy poo, I guess.
Josh Anderson is out injured for 4-6 weeks right now and hasn't played since the 14th. great argument though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You are absolutely right.

Still a few other “non soft” players currently in CBJ lineup though, right? I mean they are not soft like us.

Still didn’t stop Wilson from hammering, and I do mean hammering, a couple of their guys though.

The hit on Krug looks pretty tame compared to smoke jobs Wilson laid on CBJ.
The Jackets outhit the Caps 32-27 in that game. Virtually no one here is still arguing that having a tough team will stop a guy like Wilson from running players.

The argument is that it would be nice to have guys who can respond and not have to rely on your best players to scrap with him after the whistle (and end up shorthanded in the process).

It would also be nice to have guys who can hit back and punish the other team's players.

Why is this so difficult to grasp for some people?

Reactions: TCB

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Wood now one less goal and four less points than Heinen. Guy is starting to heat up.
Heinen is such a colossal disappointment this year. This felt like it should have been a breakout offensive year for him given that he was going to have the consistency of either Coyle or Krejci as his center. Now he's even getting PP time and still not producing at any rate that I'd call impressive.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Heinen is such a colossal disappointment this year. This felt like it should have been a breakout offensive year for him given that he was going to have the consistency of either Coyle or Krejci as his center. Now he's even getting PP time and still not producing at any rate that I'd call impressive.

I look at him now as a solid third liner that should be killing penalties on the second unit. No real expectations for big offensive production anymore

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Jackets outhit the Caps 32-27 in that game. Virtually no one here is still arguing that having a tough team will stop a guy like Wilson from running players.

The argument is that it would be nice to have guys who can respond and not have to rely on your best players to scrap with him after the whistle (and end up shorthanded in the process).

It would also be nice to have guys who can hit back and punish the other team's players.

yeah I don’t get it either.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Now I understand. All would be ok if McAvoy and Krug get hurt BUT someone gets in a scrum with Oshie with two minutes to go and or loses a fight to Wilson. Makes a point, I guess.

Good for Blue Jackets outhitting Caps — that made a huge difference.

1)We beat the Caps and get two guys hit.

2)Bluejackets lose to Caps and get two guys hit. CBJ outhits Caps.

Team 1, who is third in whole League, is a disgrace and called “soft” by a bunch of its’ fans.

Team 2, who is currently out of playoffs, is ok because they stood up for themselves despite still getting two guys smoked, just like us.

You are 100% right. It’s difficult to grasp. Really really difficult to f***ing grasp, actually.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Curtis lazar was such a great local junior player here in Edmonton... and I honest to god thought hed be a tremendous nhl pro

hes only 24 so he might still become a regular but these days hes more ahl then nhl...
tonight he scored one against our bruins
he rang another off the post

I was happy for him. honestly i still think he could be a useful pickup for us down the line as a 13th forward at some point. I love this kids character.

I hate posting too much positive about anyone that scores against bruins... but my hopes are still going out to lazar he can get his career back on track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad