NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

giphy.gif

Not all of Wilson's hits are dirty, but almost all of them are predatory. I'm sure Caps fans love rooting for him, but he makes the term NHL Player Safety look like an oxymoron. I can't imagine giving less of a **** for an opponent than he does.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

When I heard that Wilson had laid another controversial hit in the Jackets game, the video I found was of this hit on Wennberg:

I couldn't see what the fuss was about, as for sure it's heavy contact but it's open ice, not late and perfectly legal. Now I see this Lilija one, and it makes sense. But again, it's legal - contact is shoulder to shoulder - and it's just unfortunate that Lilija hit his head against the boards on his way down.

Given he's only 25 and playing in a league where smaller, slighter guys are only going to become more common, Wilson's tally for guys he injures over the course of his career is probably going to get close to triple figures.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Didnt get involved, but this place has a problem when leaf fans can almost shut down a gdt based on arguing if their player who got called for diving dove or not. The protection they get flat out blows.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
When I heard that Wilson had laid another controversial hit in the Jackets game, the video I found was of this hit on Wennberg:

I couldn't see what the fuss was about, as for sure it's heavy contact but it's open ice, not late and perfectly legal. Now I see this Lilija one, and it makes sense. But again, it's legal - contact is shoulder to shoulder - and it's just unfortunate that Lilija hit his head against the boards on his way down.

Given he's only 25 and playing in a league where smaller, slighter guys are only going to become more common, Wilson's tally for guys he injures over the course of his career is probably going to get close to triple figures.

have to somehow find a way to get past Tom Wilson and his huge hits to get the Stanley Cup.

Old George

Sep 16, 2018
have to somehow find a way to get past Tom Wilson and his huge hits to get the Stanley Cup.
Wilson sees some cutting across the ice lays a nice hit. Bruins players see the same opportunity... nah, let me check my flow make sure it awesome. I’ll head to the bench for a change now.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Less than a week after fans voted Alex Ovechkin captain of the Metropolitan Division All-Stars, the Capitals forward said he plans to skip the annual showcase.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
6 minutes into the Habs/Bolts game. Shots are 11-0 Habs, they're up 1-0.

edit: 2-0 Scabs. 17-0 shots. Yikes

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The Leafs Rangers track meet is underway. 2-1 Rangers not even halfway through the first

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
6 minutes into the Habs/Bolts game. Shots are 11-0 Habs, they're up 1-0.

edit: 2-0 Scabs. 17-0 shots. Yikes

Have to think that Cooper is going to get the axe if the Lightning don't pick it up soon. No excuses for that team to be playing so poorly for half of the year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This Habs TB game has been great. TB went up 4-2, Claude called a TO and the Habs immediately scored. 4-3 now.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Wilson absolutely SMOKES two Blue Jackets in this game. Funny. Josh Anderson, Foligno, or the other physical BJ’s didn’t stop that from happening or do anything about it. I’m shocked. Can’t believe it. That Columbus team is soft as puppy poo, I guess.

Well they did lose Panarin

:laugh:

Reactions: Number8

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Less than a week after fans voted Alex Ovechkin captain of the Metropolitan Division All-Stars, the Capitals forward said he plans to skip the annual showcase.

Smart move. I applaud him. The All-Star game is a joke. The league wouldn’t let him play in the Olympics, he owes them nothing. The Capitals pay his salary, he owes them everything.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wilson absolutely SMOKES two Blue Jackets in this game. Funny. Josh Anderson, Foligno, or the other physical BJ’s didn’t stop that from happening or do anything about it.

Well Josh Anderson is currently on IR so I'm guessing Wilson wasn't too worried about him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad