NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Jeezus - Chris Johnston should be ashamed to write this kind of trash for a NATIONAL sports site. Get a load of this vomit-inducing headline:

Maple Leafs finally dazzle with jaw-dropping skill in win over Sabres :shakehead

Just this afternoon he (I think it was Johnston) was hand-wringing over how the Leafs could possibly contain Eichel. What a joke. Yeah, Chris, it's called get a defense :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Shocked nobody has knocked Svech's teeth out with those hot dog lacrosse goals.
Thank God! I was thinking the same thing. Seems like so many people slobbering over him for those -- I hate them. If I was on the ice at the very first faceoff he's on ice with me I'd say "you try one of those trick shows tonight I'm going to hurt you... badly".

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Thank God! I was thinking the same thing. Seems like so many people slobbering over him for those -- I hate them. If I was on the ice at the very first faceoff he's on ice with me I'd say "you try one of those trick shows tonight I'm going to hurt you... badly".

Yeah would have loved to have seen that in another era or even in 2011 vs us.

Reactions: Strafer and Number8

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Shootouts are pretty much a skills competition nightly. Goalie should have had the post there. Svechnikov has been doing that move forever probably so it's just a natural way for him to score it that situation

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
John Tonelli was the man

my favorite Islanders

Comparable? Mark Stone
tough as nails with solid hands offensively, those Islander dynasty teams were so entertaining to watch and could literally play any style you wanted to engage them in, can you imagine a guy like Wilson thinking about taking massive runs at some of those players? He`d be packing groceries within a year he`d be outta the league that quickly

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Shootouts are pretty much a skills competition nightly. Goalie should have had the post there. Svechnikov has been doing that move forever probably so it's just a natural way for him to score it that situation
I despise the shootouts as well! Call me a grouch but I really don't like showboaters and never have.

Show me a football player who scores a touchdown and drops the ball in the endzone or hands it to the ref any day over some pre-orchestrated dance. As my old coach used to say "act like you've done it before and expect to do it again".

If I want orchestrated celebrations, give me Key and Peele. It's funnier and more entertaining. #clearlythreepumps

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh? Stop it. Abandoned their team twice. There are three types of Penguins fans...those that abandoned them twice, those that abandoned them once and those that are purely front running, bandwagon Crosby fans that will vanish when he does. They are the WORST in all of sports.

Yeah hey. Didn't Pittsburgh almost go bankrupt not once but twice now.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The guy would get the Lars Eller treatment and it wouldn't be from Marchand.
I’d pay $1000 a game to see a 7 game series between the 2911 Bruins and the 2019 Blues

If they he Blues won a game or didn’t get the snot beat out of then it would be an upset

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Don't understand the hate at all. Can someone tell me how many times he has attempted this in NHL games?
I doubt its been five times. Pretty good shooting percentage.

I wonder when the first slapper taken would have elicited
similar responses if there was an internet...lol.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Don't understand the hate at all. Can someone tell me how many times he has attempted this in NHL games?
I doubt its been five times. Pretty good shooting percentage.

I wonder when the first slapper taken would have elicited
similar responses if there was an internet...lol.

not a huge difference of attempting a wrap around shot and elevating the puck like he did and attempting it. It works if the goalie fails to cover that side. It was a very creative goal

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I can't really put into words how good John Tonelli was. he was as clutch as they come, especially during the Isles 4 year run, and was just a fantastic all around player. He's one of those guys that never gets mentioned but Isles don't have that run without him, even with their hall of famers. I think I would compare him to the Bruins version of a left handed Nathan Horton, only better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad