OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I wonder if someone jumped the gun.

Maybe it's been under discussion but not buttoned up?

How amazing would it be if Holmgren’s loose operating style bit them in the ass this hard this fast?

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Weird for Joel to take that job, all reports were supposedly that he wanted to take over a team that was closer to a contender. The Flyers are not that team.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Red Wings must have passed the officiating torch to the Hawks before leaving the conference. The Hawks get away with so much.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hawks are gonna have a damn good chance at Hughes if Crawford's out longterm.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I was wondering WTF was going on with Q and the Flyers, and the reports flying out and then being reeled back in.

Something doesnt quite add up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man, poor Crawford. They’re eventually going to have to address the contact goalies take from opposing players... and their teammates. Y’know, when they one day are forced to get real about player safety.

The diabetes duo.

If Mario & his charities ever wanted to fund raise a lot of money, just film Murray, Guentzel, and Pettersson walking around a desert in torn shorts with Sarah McLachlan's "In the arms of an angel" playing with them moving around in slow motion.

"Donating even as little as $1, can feed these 3 grown men for a week..."

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was wondering WTF was going on with Q and the Flyers, and the reports flying out and then being reeled back in.

Something doesnt quite add up.

My guess is it wasn’t quite a done deal yet or there was some league issue with it coming out now, so they backtracked on it, but I’m sure it’s being worked out and there’ll be some announcement of the firing / hiring soon...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why are goalies injured so easily?

Do they need large masks/helmets?

A LOT of times, the contact seems so innocuous.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why are goalies injured so easily?

Do they need large masks/helmets?

A LOT of times, the contact seems so innocuous.
I think the issue might be that they are now finally being diagnosed better and goalies are mentioning it more often. I think back to how often goalies were rattled and hit hard and how many came back to the game and stunk or the next few games, their back-ups played and it floors me.

The goalie masks are not really much protection to begin with, I think the league needs to look at changing the masks goalies wear.

Irbe, Hasek, Osgood and others wore the weird mask with the cage get up. Maybe it's time to make a hybrid version of that, because goalies getting hit, their heads slam back and the back plate is laughable at best for protection.

Reactions: EightyOne

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Evander Kane ran into him and he banged his head off the post.
His own teammate was the one that smoked him, nasty collision regardless.

With his history he might be done as a player, he was out for almost year with his last concussion. Hope hes able to make a full recovery.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if they couldn't say it because JQ's camp said they didn't agree to anything yet. So it could be that Quenneville is on the fence and they can't fire Hakstol and then pull the idiotic stuff that the Kings and Blues are doing with two morons running their teams and embracing the full on tank.

Guaranteed, Blues & Kings both fire their coaches or "release them" and hire new coaches the moment their final minute is played this season and their tank chances at #1 are complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad