OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They should have done it the day Q got fired. How Hakstol still has a job is beyond me

I’ve loved every second of it. Since the Flyers became an emotionless soft doormat in 2016 life has been good, and all along it was easy to see that Hak was the teams persona.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They should have done it the day Q got fired. How Hakstol still has a job is beyond me
He has a job because not all of the issues in Philly are his fault.

For one, the Flyers have never had a proper #1 in a long time and when they did, they had an idiot give Ilya Bryzgalov one of the worst contracts ever given to a player since the whole season lockout. Then they picked Bryz over Bobs, another moronic move.

So at this point, maybe Hakstol gets fired, I would be shocked if Vigneault isn't Fletcher's option (JQ wants to coach a more stable team, he'll wait it out I think until next summer and just relax).

Fletcher has to go out and make a move for a legit #1 goaltender. He does that, he's already done a better job than the previous 2 GM's.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The group on HNIC alluded to the status of Hakstol last night. I'd be shocked if he's still the coach by Monday morning.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Edmonton fans almost made me forget how annoying Ovechkin fan boys are. Thankfully his latest hot streak and championship have brought them all back out of their holes to remind me.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The group on HNIC alluded to the status of Hakstol last night. I'd be shocked if he's still the coach by Monday morning.

I'm shocked he's still there, period.

I kind of hope they don't fire him. It's amusing watching him with that perpetually perplexed expression on his face every time the Flyers surrender a goal.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ya this sucks. I guess the Flyers floundering while we won Cups was too good to last that long.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Strickland covers the Blues, and probably been keeping up with Q.

Good catch. Yes, I know who Strickland is.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. I mean, he can't say YES there. :laugh:

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad