OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Looks like the grace period is over for Shero in NJ. Devils fans are irate after the 7-2 loss to the Leafs tonight.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looks like the grace period is over for Shero in NJ. Devils fans are irate after the 7-2 loss to the Leafs tonight.

Lol, he got lucky with the Hall for Larsson trade, which was less his genius and more the oilers stupidity, since then that team has been under performing and is a hodge podge of crap he finds like he did for us, but without being propped up by 2 elite talents.

Is Fitzgerald still there? I hope he leaves too so NJ takes Guerin.

Please?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Islanders won last night. They’re winning again tonight.

Less than ideal... as we hit January, the “it’s early!!!1” talks gotta slow down.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Islanders won last night. They’re winning again tonight.

Less than ideal... as we hit January, the “it’s early!!!1” talks gotta slow down.

It was a bad night for the Pens...everyone won in the Metro except NJD...we must have two points at WSH...

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Shero's done ok to good there, imo.
Whats up with Schneider tho? Everytime i watch highlights Kinkaid is in net.
One thing that may set him back there is falling in love with a coach again.
Hynes was never really all that great. He can teach prevent defense well and develop young D-Men but everything else is pretty mediocre.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hynes was never really all that great. He can teach prevent defense well and develop young D-Men but everything else is pretty mediocre.
I think Schneider's hips are shot?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I guarantee Devil fans are fine with Shero outside of Zach’s. He’s basically gotten them a 1st line C, LW and RW as well as Johansson for a couple picks and Larsson. He also got Vatanen for a player they likely don’t resign and Ty Smith looks real, real good.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

Apparently the last time Schneider won a game he started was on December 27, 2017.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Shero still can't draft to save his life. The Zacha pick and then following it up with the McLeod pick shows that. He has a weird fetish for picking guys with middle six upside early in the first round when more high-end guys are available.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Doesn't look like it.

He's just one of those guys with his own weird superstition, last off the ice type of thing.

Edit: Looks like Hart is everything Flyers fans had hoped for, Fletch might have his #1 from within, finally.

Literally one game with 22 shots against, but ok.

Reactions: Smasher

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

Schneider is done. I believe he hasn't won a game since 2017(!).

As for Hynes, he's one of those coaches who's there while the team rebuilds. Kind of like Terry Murray was in LA. Eventually he'll be dismissed for a coach who will guide the team farther.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I know 0 and 00 (99, too) aren't allowed as player numbers.

I had trouble finding out if like 06 or 09 would be allowed?

I want to say anything with a zero at the start is illegal??

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
So much whining on this forum how unacceptable it is for the Pens to lose to Chicago and barely defeat LA, how good teams never do that, etc. Chicago beats Nashville and LA beats Winnipeg... not a word. It's almost like there is enough parity in the league for any team to beat any other team if they have a good performance and a bit of luck.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Lol, he got lucky with the Hall for Larsson trade, which was less his genius and more the oilers stupidity, since then that team has been under performing and is a hodge podge of crap he finds like he did for us, but without being propped up by 2 elite talents.

Is Fitzgerald still there? I hope he leaves too so NJ takes Guerin.

Please?

Nah he didn't get lucky. Shero always wins player for player trades on paper and that one was no different. The issue is it takes time to build a team from the ground up and he hasn't proven he can do it yet.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Shero still can't draft to save his life. The Zacha pick and then following it up with the McLeod pick shows that. He has a weird fetish for picking guys with middle six upside early in the first round when more high-end guys are available.

Also, he holds onto coaches for too long. He's only ever hired two (2!) coaches while GM - Bylsma and Hynes.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Reading the main board it seems either his agent or STL ****ed up with his M-NTC and he was not happy in Buffalo and wants out. Leaving $12m to get out of his contract, what a ****ing moron
Yea I would think he’s KHL bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad