OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Stays healthy, more games, more points, more goals, overall.

Won it all last year, more points this year, way more goals, way more impactful a player.

I do get the argument that Ovi works with better talent on his line, but he’s elevated that scum Tom Wilson into a pretty decent scorer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Won it all last year, more points this year, way more goals, way more impactful a player.

I do get the argument that Ovi works with better talent on his line, but he’s elevated that scum Tom Wilson into a pretty decent scorer.

Sid has won everything that matters being an engine. Ovi wasn’t even the best forward last year for the Caps.

Sid could arguably go down as the 6th best hockey player of all time. Ovi is in the teens - 20s.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

At first I thought this was a Rossi parody account. Now I realize it's not.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
At first I thought this was a Rossi parody account. Now I realize it's not.
It’s a joke name that amazingly still gets you all riled up.

FWIW I hate the Caps and Ovi, but they sure have been on a tear. I like to think even if they really are this great, it’s still so damn hard to repeat. But man that would be a huge dagger if they did it too. Would be frustrating hearing their fans and media gush all over them.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s a joke name that amazingly still gets you all riled up.

FWIW I hate the Caps and Ovi, but they sure have been on a tear. I like to think even if they really are this great, it’s still so damn hard to repeat. But man that would be a huge dagger if they did it too. Would be frustrating hearing their fans and media gush all over them.

Usernames don't rile me up. Dumb posts do.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Berglund suspended by the Sabres for missing practice then not reporting for their flight to wherever the f*** it is they are playing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sid has won everything that matters being an engine. Ovi wasn’t even the best forward last year for the Caps.

Sid could arguably go down as the 6th best hockey player of all time. Ovi is in the teens - 20s.
Caps won last year because of how stupid good Kuznetsov was.

I think this year he's just scoring a lot more because that monkey is off his back and he's just more relaxed and having fun again.

Something our team is 100% incapable of doing.

Reactions: Dovahkiin and KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Berglund suspended by the Sabres for missing practice then not reporting for their flight to wherever the **** it is they are playing.

Yeah he was out the last couple of days because of an illness. I'm curious/worried that something happened to the dude. Seems odd to not even contact them at all.

Reactions: BHD

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Teddy bear toss at Hamiltion OHL game. A guy has just thrown a teddy that needed the help from Matthew Strome to get it over the glass, the teddy was almost as tall as him, at 6' 3"

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Teddy bear toss at Hamiltion OHL game. A guy has just thrown a teddy that needed the help from Matthew Strome to get it over the glass, the teddy was almost as tall as him, at 6' 3"

Man, there's a 3rd Strome?

Sometimes, I get bored playing NHL 19 (which is like 10mins into that game, seriously EA sports sucks ass), I try to trade for siblings that suck and put them all on one team so if they suck, at least they have each other.

I now need to pick up Matt Strome and send him to Chicago in my franchise mode. I've already reunited the Svechnikov's.

PS - I know Strome has been playing better in Chicago as of late, 5pts in 10 games, maybe he turns it around for good.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
As does people just shrugging something off or calling it dumb without a counter argument.

Sid’s PPG is significantly higher despite more on-ice responsibility, he’s won more, he’s better at everything that doesn’t involve shooting one timers, he’s never dipped below a point per game while OV has been a 9 million dollar 60 point man multiple times. Crosby has been tasked his entire career to play with guys like Hornqvist while OV hasn’t gone a season without Kuz and Backstrom to drive his line after he declined in 2011. Is that enough or lolgoals?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
What the hell is going on??
Sabres suspend Patrik Berglund indefinitely for 'failure to report'
"Instead, the 30-year-old forward did not join the team for the two-game road trip. He missed five games last month because of injury and has twice been a healthy scratch. The Sabres announced the suspension in a news release, adding there will be no additional information or comment at this time.
"From my knowledge, talking to the medical staff, he was ill," Housley said Saturday before puck drop. "So we handled it that way. Obviously, it developed into something different. [General manager Jason Botterill] and the management are handling that."
The saga began on Tuesday morning when Housley informed reporters the veteran forward was "sick" and would not play that night's game against the Los Angeles Kings. Berglund has twice been a healthy scratch and one of his two goals came with an empty net."

Shouldn't guess, but, either it is drugs or mental health (I can easily see this, middle of career/winding down, winter/season affect disorder, healthy scratched...it can be stressful).

Hope he recovers from whatever it might be, though. Very strange to have pro athletes just stop being a part of the team.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I ignored the thread about that kid that is scoring goals by being used proper.

But just seeing him blossom getting the proper usage and being able to be played through stuff makes me so angry with the Pens and also so sad.

Like f***.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If you wanna see who impacts the game more, go watch Sid in game 5 of the '17 Final.
Ovi could never do that.
Ever.
Kuznetsov is the one that stirs the drink there.

Reactions: EightyOne

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Sid’s PPG is significantly higher despite more on-ice responsibility, he’s won more, he’s better at everything that doesn’t involve shooting one timers, he’s never dipped below a point per game while OV has been a 9 million dollar 60 point man multiple times. Crosby has been tasked his entire career to play with guys like Hornqvist while OV hasn’t gone a season without Kuz and Backstrom to drive his line after he declined in 2011. Is that enough or lolgoals?
Give me Ovi, bro. You talk PPG, but goals are what really matters most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad