Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
People have NO clue how important camp is and building chemistry with your mates on a consistent basis.

GMJR also mentions this ^, being one of the reasons he likes to make trades earlier in the season, if possible, rather than at the TDL.

Says at the TDL, it isn't enough time to get to know the room, and the room know you, even besides fitting in on the ice.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Ray Ferraro ripped into the TSN crew for suggesting Nylander just step in and play. However, I’m surprised by how slow he’s started. Then again, the whole Leafs team is out of sync.

Team started cooling down when he came back imo.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Went to the Ducks and Devils game this afternoon. My goodness what a snoozefest. A Saturday afternoon crowd wasn’t going to help matters but the teams were at a combined 4 shots 7 minutes into the game. I didn’t realize just how bad the Devils were and how much they regressed since last season. They blew their load getting into the playoffs last year but I didn’t think it would take them this long to recharge.

Gibson was really good and the difference. Sprong and Grant both scored and Sprong was the 2nd atar of the game. Also I completely forgot Carter Rowney was on the Ducks even though the Penguins just played them a week ago.

It’s always nice going to non-Pens games just to experience the game in a more relaxed state.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Holy crap, Rask just got trucked and is down, really struggling as they are skating him off the ice. Chytil came in and hit him with a flying buttsmash to the head, Rask's mask flew off and the back of his head ended up hitting the post and then the ice. Doesn't look good.

--Rask not coming out for the second period, not even on the bench. Has to have a concussion, I think he even got cut around the brow by his mask.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Flyers only have 9(!) shots on net against the Habs.

EDIT: Flyers proceed to score a pair of goals. 2-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sharks, after they beat us, lost to the Coyotes and are getting curb stomped by Tampa Bay.

Pens only tried for about 12 minutes in the first....and 45 seconds in the third.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No, it's a business. Worst thing IMO was Dubas promising Nylander that he won't trade him as long as he's GM.

That's just ridiculous.

GM's should never, ever, eeeeeever, be making stupid ass comments like that. No matter how good the player is. You just don't. It sounds stupid, it shows the GM is far too close to the situation than he should be given his position, as well.

Because now, if a team offers Toronto exactly what it needs to be a legit playoff threat with very minimal weaknesses and the asking price is Nylander, guess who looks like a f***ing moron because he professed his love for "Willy."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BallardEra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad