Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I come in peace...

the CBJ board is debating the origin of the high pitch "woo". I seem to recall that you guys started it about 8 or 10 years ago but only at the end of a game you were winning. And/or, did it originate with the Pirates and Pens fans jumped on too. I don't know where I thought I heard that.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Seems to have started about 8 years ago like you say. Supposed to be a Ric Flair type yell.

Possibly traced back to Mark Madden??

I've heard it at other sports though and don't think it's a pens/Pittsburgh thing only, really.

It's pretty dumb.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
gotcha. and I agree that it's pretty annoying especially when it does not stop. It just bounces around the arena...over here over there up there down there...make it stop!

Yahtzee - -

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I come in peace...

the CBJ board is debating the origin of the high pitch "woo". I seem to recall that you guys started it about 8 or 10 years ago but only at the end of a game you were winning. And/or, did it originate with the Pirates and Pens fans jumped on too. I don't know where I thought I heard that.
It's been around a while in sports and of course, Ric. But yeah it's stupid and I wish it'd end.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I come in peace...

All Ric Flair. Been happening around Pittsburgh arenas for as long as I can remember. Wrestling has always had its home in the burgh. But it's definitely Ric Flair.

It picked up big time in Pittsburgh during the dark days of the Pirates and Pens. Fans would just do it to entertain themselves.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jesus.. what the f***. Orpik scores on a play where it seems like the Hawks goalie WANTED the puck to go in.

Reactions: BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So the new powers in the Metro are the Isles and CBJ since WSH and us are crap?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Kuznetsov has one goal in his last 21 games? If he doesn't score against this Chicago team he might not score again till March. :)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If you think our defence is bad you should watch the Washington defence against Chicago right now, good lord.

Orpik still doing Orpik things.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad