Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
:pout:

Couldn’t find a puking smilie on my phone. Don’t miss him. Last couple seasons here he was a pylon, now he’s just on a team I hate.

He burned some bridges near the end here, and hasn't endeared himself since becoming a Cap. However (and this a big however), he was a big part of the team during his heyday. Plus, you HAVE to be doing something right if you last 1000 games while the league gets younger and faster.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
He burned some bridges near the end here, and hasn't endeared himself since becoming a Cap. However (and this a big however), he was a big part of the team during his heyday. Plus, you HAVE to be doing something right if last 1000 games while the league gets younger and faster.

This x1.1

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
He burned some bridges near the end here, and hasn't endeared himself since becoming a Cap. However (and this a big however), he was a big part of the team during his heyday. Plus, you HAVE to be doing something right if last 1000 games while the league gets younger and faster.
Oh for sure, he was a great part of the 08 and 09 runs. But he’s a cap now, so I can hate him in peace.

Reactions: BHD

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Having issues with my Comcast right now, so can't watch Pens game. So watching Calgary game.

In between periods, one of the commentators was talking about Michael Ferland. He said he called Ferland and addressed the trade talks. Ferland, reportedly said that his agent is definitely talking with Carolina right now, in hopes of getting a long term contract. Also that he absolutely wants to stay in Carolina. That he loves the weather and the area, and wants to stay. FWIW

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Caps are similar to the Leafs. They insist on trying to maneuver their way through NZ forechecks instead of using what’s given.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

His interview on spittin chicklets is pretty good and he talks really fondly of his time here and you can tell he still has love for the city and the pens organization. That being said, when we let him go i think he was bitter initially

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
His interview on spittin chicklets is pretty good and he talks really fondly of his time here and you can tell he still has love for the city and the pens organization. That being said, when we let him go i think he was bitter initially

It may have been pent up frustration from the last few years. I was OK when he left that summer, but I was happy to see him win it last spring. You got the sense he played through some serious shit so that he could lift the Cup again.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nylander is a fraud. 19gp 1g 2a -9.

Was Nylander lazing around a beach the entire time he was holding out? I can understand rust for the first 10 or games, but he's closing in on a quarter of the season worth of games now where he's producing like a low end 4th liner.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
It may have been pent up frustration from the last few years. I was OK when he left that summer, but I was happy to see him win it last spring. You got the sense he played through some serious **** so that he could lift the Cup again.

No doubt and great observation, he actually talks about in the interview which Cup "meant more or liked/enjoyed more" he basically said he enjoyed them both the same but understood more the hard work it took to get there the 2nd time around

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Ray Ferraro ripped into the TSN crew for suggesting Nylander just step in and play. However, I’m surprised by how slow he’s started. Then again, the whole Leafs team is out of sync.

Reactions: ColePens

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea i listened to that. It was good.
I'd recommend any of their stuff really.
Like just a bit ago, they had MAF, Reaves and Schmidt on.
Reaves' stories of Hitchcock were hilarious.

The KHL All-Star was pretty litty, as the kids say...

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Ray Ferraro ripped into the TSN crew for suggesting Nylander just step in and play. However, I’m surprised by how slow he’s started. Then again, the whole Leafs team is out of sync.
It kind reminds me of when we first acquired Neal and he had like 1 goal the rest of the season. Then the next year he had 40. I think Willy will be better next year on the Leafs or if they move him for a Dman. He's posted 61 and 65 point seasons and unless he really just got his money and doesn't care, i see him turning it around towards the end of the season into next year after a good camp

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Sprong and Grant both with solid games. They just fit this team and the opportunity they are given is much better.

Anaheim is still playing like dog **** (12 total shots with 10 minutes left) but these guys just fit better in Anaheim. Definitely happy for them.
LOL 12 shots and up 3-1, most likely to win the game.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

People have NO clue how important camp is and building chemistry with your mates on a consistent basis.

Reactions: BHD and td_ice

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sprong and Grant both with solid games. They just fit this team and the opportunity they are given is much better.

Anaheim is still playing like dog **** (12 total shots with 10 minutes left) but these guys just fit better in Anaheim. Definitely happy for them.

I liked Grant here and don’t get that move. Seemed like a favor from JR tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese