Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think this speaks to my theory that he looks for a personal challenge.

You know he has played with hands-less plugs almost forever.

What more of a challenge is there than making Dupuis a first line winger? I mean, daaaayum, right? Sid could get 100 goals a year. But he wants to move the difficulty sliders to 'All-Star' instead of 'Rookie.'

I don't think he truly cares about individual hardware.

I think he'd climb Everest without oxygen--and not even put it on social media/look for acolades. It's the challenge to himself that matters.

Dont think he cares about personal hardware either or else he would get them here and there still. I do think he cares how hes viewed by his peers...guys involved in the NHL at every level....but couldnt care less what the media/fans say. And those are the ones who judge players based on personal hardware alone

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think this speaks to my theory that he looks for a personal challenge.

You know he has played with hands-less plugs almost forever.

What more of a challenge is there than making Dupuis a first line winger? I mean, daaaayum, right? Sid could get 100 goals a year. But he wants to move the difficulty sliders to 'All-Star' instead of 'Rookie.'

I don't think he truly cares about individual hardware.

I think he'd climb Everest without oxygen--and not even put it on social media/look for acolades. It's the challenge to himself that matters.
If you put anything on social media you are a whore. Sorry. Nobody really cares about anyone but themselves. To self aggrandize yourself like anyone really truly cares... just pitiful.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If you put anything on social media you are a ****e. Sorry. Nobody really cares about anyone but themselves. To self aggrandize yourself like anyone really truly cares... just pitiful.

There is SOME good that comes from SM though. News is such a waste of time and journalism is dead, sometimes you dont hear anything about people without SM.

But there is a lot of pointless drivel that is aggravating.

But, if I need to hear about Sid and Mackinnon working with the Kenyan hockey team through Twitter or see Sid helping kids back home learn to play hockey on Instagram...I find those things fine and not some sort of humblebrag or something.

Seeing Sid's troll, via signed stick, of the NYR fan on SM was great.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
There is SOME good that comes from SM though. News is such a waste of time and journalism is dead, sometimes you dont hear anything about people without SM.

But there is a lot of pointless drivel that is aggravating.

But, if I need to hear about Sid and Mackinnon working with the Kenyan hockey team through Twitter or see Sid helping kids back home learn to play hockey on Instagram...I find those things fine and not some sort of humblebrag or something.

Seeing Sid's troll, via signed stick, of the NYR fan on SM was great.
You yank my laudatory chain.

Reactions: EightyOne

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just noticed the Caps lost 7 in a row and now down to a 9 GF diff....so of course we go into a mini slump

Goaltending not bailing us out like it was during that winning streak.

Isles with 25 GF diff and Pens at 23.

Still alot of hockey left but could this finally be the year we dont see the Pens and Caps in 2nd round?

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
First time I've heard media say Sid is top 5 all time.

Looks like the ASG MVP finally tipped the scales for El Sid.

I mean, in terms of individual accomplishments, who wouldn't rate the MVP of the All-star game ahead of inferior awards like Harts, Art Rosses, Stanley Cups and Conn Smythes?

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Also, Sid finally gets some puck luck and has a 5-point night, and it comes in a game where the stats don't count. :laugh:

Ha...exactly. Look at the shots he was taking tho. Carry that over to reg season games the rest of the year and he could hit 50 lol. Then again he did have Barzal passing to him. We can probably count on one hand how many times Sid was actually set up for a wide open shot. Its usually him doing that to guys who have avg hands. 31 years old and finally has a player like Guentzel?

Oilers moved Drai with McDavid for example. And RNH last year for that ART push. Thats why that team wont win a cup anytime soon. McDavid will prob go the Ovi route...wont get one until 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad