Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Hard to fault Holtby on any of the goals. Only 11 shots, but most of them were Grade A scoring chances.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So the new powers in the Metro are the Isles and CBJ since WSH and us are crap?
I think this is what a small group of VERY vocal loudmouths don't understand on our board. There is so much freaking parity in the NHL. Right now Isles/Pens/Caps/Jackets are all on the same level. They all have strengths. They all have some flaws. Each team is trying to find a way to get more consistent with their flaw.

But I laugh my ass off when people act like the games the Pens suffer against Vegas last night and the Hawks a few weeks ago don't happen to all teams. They do! They absolutely do.

And then some people expect the Pens to be dominant and just go all the way to the Cup with no problems. Holy shit that will NEVER happen. The greatest Pens team of all time didn't get get by the 2nd round. The 92 team, which I argue is vastly underrated, almost lost to the Caps and had to battle back from 3-1 down by switching to a trap.

The 2016 Pens, who I personally believe are the greatest post-salary cap hockey team were down 3-2 against Tampa. That is how difficult it is to win a Cup.

/rant over. I could rant on this for days. People just refuse to stay in the moment and be happy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Been referencing this recently. Teams have figured out the Caps.

I think it's a combo of what we have seen lately. Teams want to beat the Cup champs and now you can see as we enter the dog days of the season that their legs are starting to get tired from the long run.

Happened to us.

Reactions: BHD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think this is what a small group of VERY vocal loudmouths don't understand on our board. There is so much freaking parity in the NHL. Right now Isles/Pens/Caps/Jackets are all on the same level. They all have strengths. They all have some flaws. Each team is trying to find a way to get more consistent with their flaw.

But I laugh my ass off when people act like the games the Pens suffer against Vegas last night and the Hawks a few weeks ago don't happen to all teams. They do! They absolutely do.

And then some people expect the Pens to be dominant and just go all the way to the Cup with no problems. Holy **** that will NEVER happen. The greatest Pens team of all time didn't get get by the 2nd round. The 92 team, which I argue is vastly underrated, almost lost to the Caps and had to battle back from 3-1 down by switching to a trap.

The 2016 Pens, who I personally believe are the greatest post-salary cap hockey team were down 3-2 against Tampa. That is how difficult it is to win a Cup.

/rant over. I could rant on this for days. People just refuse to stay in the moment and be happy.

I think it more the heel turns on Sullivan that I hate. Dude is one of the best coaches in the league and people want to crucify him for his usage of a bottom pairing D in Ian Cole and a underperforming prospect in Sprong.

Reactions: td_ice and ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let’s see if ANA and their new founded winning streak can take all that mojo and beat the Isles for us today...come on Sprong! If the Isles can lose, that loss against VGK won’t be so bad...

Reactions: ColePens

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think it's a combo of what we have seen lately. Teams want to beat the Cup champs and now you can see as we enter the dog days of the season that their legs are starting to get tired from the long run.

Happened to us.

Holtby has seen some pretty heavy use over the past five years too, I expect him to start to fade down the stretch. And whoever this backup journeyman is, he isn't Grubauer.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Mike Milbury just called Kuznetsov a french poodle on national tv.
Oh man..

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Of course the caps rip a beauty.. Carlson. Caps were so smart to resign that guy.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad