Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Boston won, Trotzlanders won, Rangers WON.... every single night already.
giphy.gif

Don’t worry about the Rangers. They’ve only won 29% of their games in the last 7 weeks.

H1qXkQ.gif

Reactions: Thrasymachus

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Flipping between a few games tonight because there's a couple of big ones on and there's a young RW drafted by the Pens who seems to be really looking good. No, not He Who Should Not Be Named, but Kapanen. The dude is on pace to break 50 points almost entirely at ES. Even more impressive is that he started on the fourth line for Toronto two or three years and has shown what he can do from there, not needing top line minutes gifted to him. Give me him over Sprong any day of the week.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Isles have gone from the worst defensive team in the league to the best, giving up the fewest goals...no matter what you think, kudos to Trotz for that and the team leaders there...it’s impressive...I hope they sink like a stone for the remaining 30+ games, and they are no fun to watch, but they could be a tough PO out...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Lots of trades going down. Phones must be going off the hook right now. Hopefully we some some bigger ones soon.

Reactions: EightyOne

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Flipping between a few games tonight because there's a couple of big ones on and there's a young RW drafted by the Pens who seems to be really looking good. No, not He Who Should Not Be Named, but Kapanen. The dude is on pace to break 50 points almost entirely at ES. Even more impressive is that he started on the fourth line for Toronto two or three years and has shown what he can do from there, not needing top line minutes gifted to him. Give me him over Sprong any day of the week.
Too bad it was not Pouliot in the Kessel deal instead of Kapanen.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Too bad it was not Pouliot in the Kessel deal instead of Kapanen.

At that time, Pouliot was looking more game ready? I think? Plus, TOR would have wanted him. Right? Or did the Pens force Kap into the trade?

For sure would have screwed Kapenen up more had they kept him. They were already mishandling when they ditched him.

...that said, Kessel meant a lot more to this team in the interim years than Kapanen ever would have.

2 more seasons down the line and we might really miss him and what he might become. But it was the right decision, at the time.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At that time, Pouliot was looking more game ready? I think? Plus, TOR would have wanted him. Right? Or did the Pens force Kap into the trade?

For sure would have screwed Kapenen up more had they kept him. They were already mishandling when they ditched him.

...that said, Kessel meant a lot more to this team in the interim years than Kapanen ever would have.

2 more seasons down the line and we might really miss him and what he might become. But it was the right decision, at the time.

Benning also really wanted Pouliot when the Pens moved Bones for Sutter, it always makes me wonder what this team could have gotten from them for Pouliot added into that. Benning prior to that, also wanted him in some Kesler type deal I believe.

He finally got his man and we got garbage back for him.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I like your optimism that we would have developed Kap the same way the Leafs would have.

Kapanen only got to play with Matthews due to Nylander holding out and was a fourth liner before that, you know, just the thing you keep complaining about in regards to the Pens coaching stuff.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I agree. As much as I like him and would love to have him, ya gotta look at who the pens got for him and what he did, kap could not have done for the penguins.

I also think penguins would not be the ideal place for him to come up. Kap was part of a young team rebuilding... much more integral than being a square peg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->