Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
CBJ up 2-0 3 minutes into the game against NJ.

NJ is killing the Pens this year, they beat the Pens and they are an easy win for the other teams in the metro that the Pens are competing with.

Reactions: ColePens

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

NJ is killing the Pens this year, they beat the Pens and they are an easy win for the other teams in the metro that the Pens are competing with.
there is still 50 minutes left to play. but yes bjacks hit 'em hard quick.

I'm torn between best hockey names, Boone Jenner is pretty good, but Bates Bataglia is still my all time fave.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yep..NJ sucks against everyone but us..lol

This will be a huge game for the Pens if the Isles and CBJ win these games, which they are now leading...both of them will surpass the Pens in the Metro and drop the Pens to a WC spot, but only one point higher than MTL....we could easily be out of a PO spot if we lose a few games and they and the Canes continue to win, or BUF gets back in the win column....everything is really tight and we need wins!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching Bjacks they are so fast. I hope they make the playoffs and eliminate the capitals.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sweet Mary. Like I was saying, CBJ is so fast and bread man for the win there.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yep..NJ sucks against everyone but us..lol

This will be a huge game for the Pens if the Isles and CBJ win these games, which they are now leading...both of them will surpass the Pens in the Metro and drop the Pens to a WC spot, but only one point higher than MTL....we could easily be out of a PO spot if we lose a few games and they and the Canes continue to win, or BUF gets back in the win column....everything is really tight and we need wins!

NYI will most likely pass up the Pens for now.

They got 5 games before their break(4 against non playoff teams)

Pens only got 3 games left, you can make a case that tonight's game and the Vegas games are the 2 hardest games left on the Pens schedule when you consider how SJ and Vegas are playing right now.

But i'm not that concerned about playoff positioning, i just want to see them make the playoffs and not finish in the last WC spot to play TB.

If the Pens finish in the top 7 they will have to go though Caps and one of CBJ/NYI most likely regardless of where they finish.

I don't believe in home ice in the playoffs, look at last year Pens were better on the road in the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
NYI will most likely pass up the Pens for now.

They got 5 games before their break(4 against non playoff teams)

Pens only got 3 games left, you can make a case that tonight's game and the Vegas games are the 2 hardest games left on the Pens schedule when you consider how SJ and Vegas are playing right now.

But i'm not that concerned about playoff positioning, i just want to see them make the playoffs and not finish in the last WC spot to play TB.

If the Pens finish in the top 7 they will have to go though Caps and one of CBJ/NYI most likely regardless of where they finish.

I don't believe in home ice in the playoffs, look at last year Pens were better on the road in the playoffs.

MTL has been playing well too..I don’t think the Pens miss the POs but it wouldn’t surprise me if they drop to the last WC spot and have to play Tampa

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Whats up with the Nashville lights? Seems so dark at both ends face off dots.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man. I wish we would’ve resigned Bonino.

Likely go 3 for 3 to be honest.
Caps losing this game, but they look good despite the score.
CBJacks and Caps alone are going to be rascals to play in the post season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bones is having himself a time tonight. That blocked shot - that was a goal - was superb.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
CBJ going to move in first place tonight.

Korpisalo has been tremendous...much better than Bob in his last several starts...he’s been at a .960, .970 %...can’t eliminate CBJ from winning some PO series now that Bob appears on the way out, if Korpy can continue this run ...

Reactions: Bobcat110

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WOOOOAHHH Grimadli just pulled of a geno spin goal that geno can't pull off.
That was slick as hell. WOW.

Reactions: BHD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Preds insulting the capitals tonight... 6-1

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why? I haven't watched them a lot this year, but Fleury stats are roughly average at 2.49GAA and .911%. He does have 6 SO's though so that means typical Fleury. Great games and mediocre ones.

Now that's just me basic stat watching so it's possible he's been standing on his head every night while his team takes a **** in the corner.
He's on pace to play like 75 games or something this season, he is their lifeboat.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oh man. 4.625 mil AAV ends after 2021/22 and he’s spending more time in the AHL than the NHL.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad