Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
(watches recap of the game against the Bruins)

No, they don't need somebody to play over Zaitsev and Hainsey.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Lucic just scored. Sheary scored his 8th, he gets 12 more and we improve our draft pick. He could have looked good next to McDavid or RNH

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Vegas wins their division or is even 2nd in their division, there's no chance in hell anyone but Fleury wins the Hart. He'd deserve it as well, the guy is the main reason the VGK aren't a lottery team right now after their impressive debut season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Solid overall night for the Pens with regards to the various conference/division rivals. Caps lost, Bruins lose in OT, Leafs lost, and Buffalo got pummeled. Only team that gained some ground was Montreal.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Solid overall night for the Pens with regards to the various conference/division rivals. Caps lost, Bruins lose in OT, Leafs lost, and Buffalo got pummeled. Only team that gained some ground was Montreal.

Yeah, Pens are now what, 3pts behind the Caps?

Les Hobbits winning is meh, as long as they beat the teams we need them to beat.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
If the Leafs keep playing like that, they might be out of the playoffs soon. Probably not going to happen but imagine the panic and the gloating on the main board. :)
Thanks Blues for beating the Caps once again. I can't believe they are improving with that idiot Berube as a coach but I would like them to get to the playoffs somehow. Nobody seems to want the last few spots in the West.

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Jake Gardiner... Woof. I were Leafs braintrust, I would be putting together a package for Tanev or Muzzin.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Colorado won their first game of the season last night in games Mackinnon was pointless.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If Vegas wins their division or is even 2nd in their division, there's no chance in hell anyone but Fleury wins the Hart. He'd deserve it as well, the guy is the main reason the VGK aren't a lottery team right now after their impressive debut season.

Why? I haven't watched them a lot this year, but Fleury stats are roughly average at 2.49GAA and .911%. He does have 6 SO's though so that means typical Fleury. Great games and mediocre ones.

Now that's just me basic stat watching so it's possible he's been standing on his head every night while his team takes a shit in the corner.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Why? I haven't watched them a lot this year, but Fleury stats are roughly average at 2.49GAA and .911%. He does have 6 SO's though so that means typical Fleury. Great games and mediocre ones.

Now that's just me basic stat watching so it's possible he's been standing on his head every night while his team takes a **** in the corner.
Vegas is good. Just like they were last year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Jake Gardiner... Woof. I were Leafs braintrust, I would be putting together a package for Tanev or Muzzin.

Gardiner is like Letang, but multiplied by a dozen.

95% of the time he's good, but that 5% when he's bad he does some inexplicably stupid stuff that blows up in his face.

Reactions: BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Gardiner would almost positively be very good on the Penguins, if the fans are inclined to run him outta town.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

Now that's just me basic stat watching so it's possible he's been standing on his head every night while his team takes a **** in the corner.

His stats are pretty typical for Fleury, but the team has relied on him like crazy. He's started 41 games; Subban has started like 7 or 8. I don't think that's Hart-worthy, but it is impressive that he's such a workhorse.

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad