Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Really? I can’t stand them.
I do struggle finding a happy median with announcers, but if I could pick a favorite it would be a hybrid of Lange with whoever these two cap guys are.
Even Steigy over Mears I just cant stand Mears. Erry is the same as usual. Tolerable I suppose, but if I could choose I'd drop them both.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What’s your issue with Mears? The fake excitement?
I just find whomever is doing color should make it interesting. I'm already watching it - I don't need the buildup. Its just not needed. I donno. I don't want to seem petty, but I think it just comes down to I just cant stand listening to the guy... I don't know how to articulate it, but he bothers me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just find whomever is doing color should make it interesting. I'm already watching it - I don't need the buildup. Its just not needed. I donno. I don't want to seem petty, but I think it just comes down to I just cant stand listening to the guy... I don't know how to articulate it, but he bothers me.

He used to be a lot better when they first launched the Pens app and he was the guy on there.

I don’t mind him, but he certainly seems to force emotion sometimes.

Sharks are my favorite. Followed by Florida and Dallas.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ovie maybe down with an injury.

Russian Machine Never Breaks

...SJS tv has best for over twenty years now (hahn).

Radio is a bit worse (rusanowsky). Not nearly in realm of annoying. I just don't like his voice.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
another 3-point night for Kucherov...that’s standard these days, it’s like ho hum for him...can’t believe no one can stop this guy yet...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Penalty against the Caps. Should have called one on them with a minute to go in regulation.

BJs win and they are mocking Kuznetsov.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Watching a little Minnie-Detroit. Minnie can't retain the puck to save their lives. Detroit building the beginnings of a nice fun fast team.

I think Minnesota's period of respectability could be closing soon. The teams around them keep drafting elite talents, they keep drafting okay ones, I think that's about to show in the next few years. Maybe sooner. If I was them I'd say it was time for a retool but you know they won't.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Woaaaah... Caps/Jackets have some serious hate. Kuzy was talking a lot of shit and now the entire Jackets team does a celebration towards Washington.

What's up with that?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Was Holtby injured? It looks like he played half the game and on,y gave up one goal and then Copley came in....

We need two points tonight...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Jackets played the Caps extremely well and gave them very little room in that game. Also, I loved their celebration after that OT winner. Whole team doing the Kuznetsov immitation right there. I don´t like the Jackets but I hate the Caps. Seriously, **** the Caps. I am looking ahead of us, not behind us. I believe we should be ahead of BJs and Isles at the end of the season, so the lost point by the Caps matters more here. I think we can catch them and eventually win the division but it´s gonna be damn close.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was Holtby injured? It looks like he played half the game and on,y gave up one goal and then Copley came in....

We need two points tonight...

Stick went through his helmet into his eye. He looked fine. I think it was precaution. I would be shocked if he was going to miss anything. He wasn't in massive distress and he looked to be fine.

Reactions: Andy99

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I understand normal hate, but that seemed to be something else.
Yeah and why not :) I loved it. F*** the Caps. I believe Wilson injured Wennberg in that series and Kuznetsov deserves this mocking too. Good for the sport, I would love that series again. That´s why we need to win the division and let them battle in R1.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad