Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
"Why youh heff to be maad? Iz ohnly banya!"

AliveBlueFerret-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Chris Nichols Twitter has a few article summaries from BMac on the air.

• Flyers ownership don’t want a rebuild.
  • Nash won’t play again this season
  • Carolina want to move a D man (duh ;))
  • Talks about the upcoming Josi re signing and Polie’s contract philosophies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
If it becomes apparent that you have no hope of signing Bob or Panarin, you gotta trade those guys. You can't let your best goalie and best forward go, for nothing. That's just horrible asset management.

If you keep them, knowing they are goners, you better as heck win the Stanley Cup, because that's that the only thing that will make letting them walk, worthwhile.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think for the BJs, even making a playoff run would be worth it for them, even if it means losing them for nothing. They've been knocking on the door for years now but can't win a single round, I'd imagine they want to get that off their back.

Problem is they're stuck in a bracket with us and the Caps. I dunno, it's a tough call.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Bob situation today makes me think CBJ might move him if they think Korposalo is ready...no way as long as they’re in the PO race that they move Panarin, even at the risk of losing him for nothing...but Bob has been kind of meh in the POs...could see him being traded shortly

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think for the BJs, even making a playoff run would be worth it for them, even if it means losing them for nothing. They've been knocking on the door for years now but can't win a single round, I'd imagine they want to get that off their back.

Problem is they're stuck in a bracket with us and the Caps. I dunno, it's a tough call.
Yeah, I guess, but the problem is, if they win a round, with contributions from Bob and Panarin, and they walk, what good does that do you?? You take a big step backward next year, and that playoff win in your back pocket, is probably soon forgotten about.

But having said that, I don't know their financial situation, but I'm sure profit wise, a couple playoff rounds played would be huge. So yeah, I guess I shouldn't discount that aspect of it.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
LOL Bob. Was he picking up hookers or did he just beat up a cab driver?

It'll be a shame when he moves on and we can no longer count on him for the CBJ playoff meltdowns.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
LOL Bob. Was he picking up hookers or did he just beat up a cab driver?

It'll be a shame when he moves on and we can no longer count on him for the CBJ playoff meltdowns.

He was in NSH just as the Hawks were leaving...maybe he was out with Patrick Kane....:)

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Columbus is such a trash heap. Blow a 3-1 lead with 4 minutes left.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Caps fan boys out in full force on the main boards tonight!!!

“Marchand turtles against Eller”

“Ovechkin puts Chara into the bench”

“Ovechkin with career goal 700 tonight”

“Holtby owns the Bruins”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad