Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Like, how does that happen? I know the Lucic contract is bad, but who else are they spending way too much on? One bad contract can't be the entire cause for them spending to the cap, yet having zero depth.

47% is tied up in McDavid, Draitsal, Lucic, RNH and Talbot

We pay less for Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel and Murray. Not by much but our group is way better and they’ve overpaid a lot of their depth. Some of them are straight up bad. It all adds up in the end.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why'd they dump bob? Why of all things to your rival?
You mean the original Bobs trade?

Because they signed that idiot Bryzgalov to that hilariously bad contract and had to move Bobs. They got impatient and went all in on "Why you heff to be mad" and got rid of the stud goalie that they found and then had no patience for.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Because they signed that idiot Bryzgalov to that hilariously bad contract and had to move Bobs. They got impatient and went all in on "Why you heff to be mad" and got rid of the stud goalie that they found and then had no patience for.

:p:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Yo man. The players Philthy traded away over the last 9 years. Just is insanity. Half rebuild half insanity. f***ing really.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yo man. The players Philthy traded away over the last 9 years. Just is insanity. Half rebuild half insanity. ****ing really.

Aye, here-here!

May they be subject to another 43 years of mismanagement!

MelodicUnlinedBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

We pay less for Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel and Murray. Not by much but our group is way better and they’ve overpaid a lot of their depth. Some of them are straight up bad. It all adds up in the end.

Would a random Oilers fan be worse at GMing the Oilers than Chiarelli has been? It's tough to say.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Would a random Oilers fan be worse at GMing the Oilers than Chiarelli has been? It's tough to say.

Agree...but I think the more relevant question is, if you had a random board with a spinner or dice, and you made random trades or non-trades or organizational decisions based on the spots or numbers landed on (I.e. luck), would those decisions be any more effective for the Oilers than the ones Chia makes? Now if that’s the question, I think the answer is more clearly yes than your posed scenario...therefore, why does he still have a job is an excellent question...

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Whyyy is NBC making me watch the Blackhawks still. When will it be enough

It’s never enough....no matter how bad the Hawks are, we get to hear about their tremendous top 100 players for the rest of our lives...and why would we complain about that...

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have the Calgary / Colorado game on, but for some reason I thought Capitals had a late west game tonight... what the hell was I thinking.
Some hockey and afterwards, to watch some of Ragnar's crazy kids in Vikings.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

The Lucic (6 mill per season) and Russell (4 mill per season) contracts are killers. Because 10 mill could get a decent winger or two.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Nine straight losses for the Ducks, you just know the Pens will underestimate them on Friday.;)

Forsberg undressed Mr. Intangibles Toews in OT, that was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->