Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I'm going to laugh if what Bobrovsky did was something minor or non-scandalous and CBJ made it seem like a bigger deal than it was with their vague, ominous-sounding "he violated our values" statement.

RE: Ovechkin hitting Chara into the bench, I think it is impressive that he had the strength to do that, but it wasn't a very hard hit, so I'm guessing the fact that Chara has the balance of a baby giraffe had something to do with it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Seems like the Caps/Bruins have a Pens/Hawks type relationship.

Torts got win #600. Sully recorded a nice message for him.

1. lol at Sully when he is telling a joke. Seriously guy!? Most stern and sinister light-hearted joking face ever seen.
2. Rangers gm 'keep that care free fun loving attitude' lol, whut? Did he know it was for Tortorella?
Funny stuffs.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
1. lol at Sully when he is telling a joke. Seriously guy!? Most stern and sinister light-hearted joking face ever seen.
2. Rangers gm 'keep that care free fun loving attitude' lol, whut? Did he know it was for Tortorella?
Funny stuffs.

Not really a fan of Torts but I respect the charity work he and his family do especially in relation to dogs.

Reactions: Clare2904 and TNT87

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
SJS started off a little flat. Then went into win by 5 lose by 5 inconsistency. Now they are in a pretty good stride.

Who would you rather have on the Pens, Hertl or Donskoi?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I'm going to laugh if what Bobrovsky did was something minor or non-scandalous and CBJ made it seem like a bigger deal than it was with their vague, ominous-sounding "he violated our values" statement.

RE: Ovechkin hitting Chara into the bench, I think it is impressive that he had the strength to do that, but it wasn't a very hard hit, so I'm guessing the fact that Chara has the balance of a baby giraffe had something to do with it.

According to Doug MacLean, when Bob was pulled, instead of staying on the bench, he went in the locker room, showered and dressed in street clothes while the game was going on.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not really a fan of Torts but I respect the charity work he and his family do especially in relation to dogs.

I don't know enough about him personally to like him outside of the arena. BUT, I like him as a person when he freaks out of loses his shit. Not to mention his free flowing hatred during pressers.
Haven't seen him meltdown in a long while though, haven't been paying attention.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I have no idea why these dates and amount of games were picked but hey Sid’s ahead of McDavid :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching Kings Sens I finally get to pay attention to this Stone guy. Also, seeing ol' boy Hagelin out there for the Kings seems wrong. He seems lost.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA

I think people overestimate the actual size of Chara. Sure, he’s tall, but he only weighs something like 250-255? Ovechkin is only giving up about 10 lbs...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
According to Doug MacLean, when Bob was pulled, instead of staying on the bench, he went in the locker room, showered and dressed in street clothes while the game was going on.
Hey, at least he didn’t pull a Vontae Davis and retire at intermission...

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I think people overestimate the actual size of Chara. Sure, he’s tall, but he only weighs something like 250-255? Ovechkin is only giving up about 10 lbs...

To be honest, I didn't think it was that impressive at all, but I didn't want to sound like a complete homer.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I just picture OV like a UFC heavyweight. 6-4 235ish pounds is a massive stature. That is 6' taller than me and 60+lbs heavier.

I'll never forget every time I run into Dennis Bonvie, which happened a few times, but the guy was 5-10 220? He was 3 feet wide and built like crazy. OV is probably massive in person.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I just picture OV like a UFC heavyweight. 6-4 235ish pounds is a massive stature. That is 6' taller than me and 60+lbs heavier.

I'll never forget every time I run into Dennis Bonvie, which happened a few times, but the guy was 5-10 220? He was 3 feet wide and built like crazy. OV is probably massive in person.
You’re only 4” tall??? Lol...j/k

I’m 6’4” and 240. Obviously not in the shape that Ovie is though. It makes me laugh when two NHLers square up for a fight and the announcer talks about how “big” these guys are and they are 6’ and 210 lbs or something. I don’t consider that big but it actually is for the NHL.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You’re only 4” tall??? Lol...j/k

I’m 6’4” and 240. Obviously not in the shape that Ovie is though. It makes me laugh when two NHLers square up for a fight and the announcer talks about how “big” these guys are and they are 6’ and 210 lbs or something. I don’t consider that big but it actually is for the NHL.
6" more like.
Yeah I mean there are plenty of big people around. All in the shape they are in.
My brother is only an inch taller than me but weights 200-220. That is a big dood compared to a skinny 165lb guy. Even when I lifted weights I was only 170.. I'd lose more fat than gained muscle mass.
Body frame is just not meant to hold a lot of meat =P

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think almost every team we needed to lose tonight, won. I suppose Montreal lost and the Was/Bos game wasn't a 3-point game, but overall this night could have gone better for the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad