EtE2X0ZW8AcxELH

I uh....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As well as going into a puck battle with 3 others and clearing it from the D zone

I remember counting one day how many times he won battles he had no reason to win. He just is relentless. I understand Kessel and Horny were luxuries to a team like ours and how they were built. But losing both has been significant. I get the Kessel idea. We all knew it was coming. I thought it wasn't there quite yet for Hornqvist. I think we need him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember counting one day how many times he won battles he had no reason to win. He just is relentless. I understand Kessel and Horny were luxuries to a team like ours and how they were built. But losing both has been significant. I get the Kessel idea. We all knew it was coming. I thought it wasn't there quite yet for Hornqvist. I think we need him.
I think at least hanging on to him until the expansion summer made sense. I was all for moving McCann and promoting Blue as the 3c and E-Rod as the 4c. Horny would have been with Blueger then.

But shit changed. Sadly.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

JR leaving so quickly adds salt to that wound.

His analytics were declining but I know @Honour Over Glory is quick to use the term “usage” to dump on Sully but I’d agree in this case.

He’s a top 6 player and we know Sid doesn’t like him on his line but Sully would throw him up there to stir things up when it wasn’t going well. He always had good results with Geno. Can play in the bottom 6 but last season there were too many off mixes with his line.

Obviously I’d have kept him over taking an unnecessary risk on Matheson. You know he will help the PP, can play well with either Sid/Geno and is capable of playing a good role in the bottom 6 in the right circumstances.

If anyone disagrees with this just leave it there. I try to stay out some of the Hornqvist debates in other threads. This is just a praise from me and we’d be better not making that deal especially having Dumo, Petts, Riikola and some thought POJ was ready on LD.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Every goal he scores? I'm not even watching the game. I love talking about Patric Hornqvist. This was before he was even a penguin. My buddy and I would watch Nashville games. We really enjoyed the way he played.

Oh and look at that.. this is the "around the NHL" thread. Where we are to discuss players not on the Pens. Hmmm.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll say this about Hornqvist

It would have been REALLY f***ING nice if he would have played like this here more recently

Pretty much. Also, I find it funny no mods are getting all upset about people continually bringing up Hornqvist and Kessel like they did with Sprong :)

Say what you will about Hornqvist. Kapanen and Rust have been much better and cost much less then Hornqvist was for us.

It’s funny a lot of us were super concerned about RW, but our top six LWs have been the disasters.

Although Zucker plays real similar to Hornqvist IMO

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad