Around the NHL - Same games every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Looks like he will have his contract terminated

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I went back to see Sid's OT goal from last night. At one point Georgiev goes to play the puck and DeAngelo is in the way trying to play it too.

Play carries on and those 3 Ranger players are clearly out of breath. Sid gets the puck and DeAngelo is in front of him not doing much at all. Seems like he might be screening Georgiev but Georgiev doesn't look great on the goal as well.

Seems like the frustration of the whole sequence along with losing caused this to escalate quickly.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hopefully they look good on TV, too. I love those Arizona black Kachina jerseys, but I don't think they look so good on TV.

Which reminds me, I need to buy their reverse retro.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Bro.. you called out his politics and I had to delete your post in a GDT. :laugh: If you need help with how to separate emotion and moderating, please hit me up. You know I got you.

But learn to let the emotion side of it go and moderate what we have. This is my main board experience during P Kane and E Kane. And oh boy did hit close to home with the CDS discussion. I've had multiple talks with admin about it. Remember the whole situation w/ the wives of Hoff/EK? Yep - there is another example of how a thread goes down hill FAST and it gets stopped. I was there for that, too.

I'm leaving this public. You can delete it if you want. But if you want to call out how to moderate to the group, I have to explain why the decisions are made. Being a bad teammate can even be dicey without specific accusations and explanation to where the evidence comes from. I've been down this road so many times.

Edit: And if you need more evidence, go check out the reports thread for mods.

Fair enough. No need to delete your post. I prefer transparency.

That way, I will be clear for everybody what the limit is and why the rules are the way they are.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Are there any other occasions of an NHL-er trying to beat up his own goaltender? I guess you can say that DeAngelo cares about winning hockey games at least... albeit he shows that in a really, really dumb way. :)
Might not be good news for us, the Rangers will want to show that they don't need that moron.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's pretty crazy that it was confirmed there was an incident after the game re: TDA and Georgiev.

I can think of very, very few trade scenarios outside of ludicrous fantasyland stuff that would make his presence on the Penguins tolerable even in the state they are in. In fact I suspect he's done in the NHL. Go learn some hard lessons in Russia, maybe. Hell maybe they don't even want him.

Also yeah TDA has more than a little ability and put up some great numbers. And I'm not trying to take that away from him but it's worth noting that a lot of those points were feeding the white-hot Panarin on the powerplay. I suspect if you separated him from Panarin and took another look with other players it would tell quite a different tale. Basically what I'm saying is that while he had the skills to hang I suspect his numbers were more him taking advantage than driving play.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
NHL deemed it unavoidable head contact

tenor.gif
That's just...wow. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Glad Horny is gettin' his right now, but I'm not gonna sit here and act like he'd be nearly as effective on our PP. Florida's #1 PP actually puts in effort and moves the puck around with real purpose, which greatly benefits the net-front role.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Glad Horny is gettin' his right now, but I'm not gonna sit here and act like he'd be nearly as effective on our PP. Florida's #1 PP actually puts in effort and moves the puck around with real purpose, which greatly benefits the net-front role.
Usage was the major issue with Horny on the Pens. Panthers actually want to use him for his skill set.

Such is life as a penguins fan.

Reactions: The Old Master
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->