Around the NHL - Same games every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They can’t afford him and just hockey wise he’s not the guy for us. Too much of a roller coaster type player. Not very stable, lots of highs but lots of lows.

I don’t want him but they could probably make the kind of player he is work or at least have a decent shot.

Dumoulin-Letang
POJ-Marino
Pettersson-DeAngelo

They’re better equipped to handle it on RD than figuring out Matheson with the other LD. There’s just no way I want to deal with that walking shit show.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Admin has been very clear. I do not care what side of politics you land on. That is a disgusting way to like or dislike someone that you do not know. All while the Pens have someone who was arrested for domestic violence in the past. This warning has gone up so many times. I am so sick of saying it.

Discuss the player. It's that simple.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Admin has been very clear. I do not care what side of politics you land on. That is a disgusting way to like or dislike someone that you do not know. All while the Pens have someone who was arrested for domestic violence in the past. This warning has gone up so many times. I am so sick of saying it.

Discuss the player. It's that simple.
It's a dislike for Tony who attacks people on social media when they disagree with him. Mate I get the political stuff but our Co owner buying a creepy ass place (not political just flat out creepy) and the DeSmith stuff is something I have been vocal about not wanting on the team at all. I think me and @Gurglesons have been pretty vocal for not wanting CDS on the team at all.

Hopefully that's ok. Not trying to cause grief here.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a dislike for Tony who attacks people on social media when they disagree with him. Mate I get the political stuff but our Co owner buying a creepy ass place and the DeSmith stuff is something I have been vocal about not wanting on the team at all. I think me and @Gurglesons have been pretty vocal for not wanting CDS on the team at all.

Hopefully that's ok. Not trying to cause grief here.

Assessing the player is what we have to do, man. Assess the player. This stems back from main board threads on Evander Kane, DeAngelo, Patrick Kane, etc. It's gotten to the point where libel comes into play and we have to make sure we toe the proper line.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Guys, we're not going to let the discussion head in that direction - at all. The last thing this site - posters, mods, admin - wants is to get caught rolling in mud.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
What’s with New York and defensemen? Smith goes there and is immediately out of the league. Trouba goes there and sucks. DeAngelo has a huge year then is on waivers the next.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Assessing the player is what we have to do, man. Assess the player. This stems back from main board threads on Evander Kane, DeAngelo, Patrick Kane, etc. It's gotten to the point where libel comes into play and we have to make sure we toe the proper line.

How would it be libel when all of his actions have been made in public?

The guy was clearly waived because of attitude problems. This is part of assessing the player.

It can be discussed without discussing politics.

Example: I would not claim him even if we have a lot of injuries. The upside on the ice is not worth the distraction.

I think that's the line.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Really depends on how much longer those LDs will be out. Hopefully one of them returns soon. I mean, hopefully everyone is healthy ASAP.
Well Allvin did make them retroactive so some could be skating with the team right now and I believe one or more is, and be back for the Feb 1st game. I recall a bunch that were retroactively put on LTIR from Jan 13th etc. I'm fairly certain we're getting one LD back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

He's just an awful person and while there are many players that are awful on the ice but great people off of it, Tony is not one of those blokes. He has authority issues with the refs and it's a pattern that has followed him from juniors to now. He's been suspended for harassment and abuse in the Ohl to another teammate. The refs thing.

He's toxic. I can't fathom any rational pens fan even considering someone like that on this team. It'd be one of those moves that destroys the dressing room.

And that's all without political stuff too. That's how awful he is.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The fact that there's a long history of nobody being able to stand working with or employing the guy for long seems like it'd be a discussion point of merit to me.

Take Brooks Orpik's worst tendencies and you've just begun to scratch the surface of what makes DeAngelo so disliked. Nothing is ever his fault, but he's the first to criticize. Anger issues with coaches and refs dating back to junior. Running through teams quickly despite obvious talent...shit, it's almost like there's fire underneath all that smoke long before you even get to his social media or views.

I've quit jobs because of co-workers like DeAngelo before. f*** coddling shitty people. He's a goddamned train wreck defensively, was horrendous in the bubble, and has been just as bad early on here too.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
According to Rangers fans, Quinn's system isn't the best when it comes to defense.

I don’t think that’s the root of all their problems. DeAngelo had that big season under him, Fox has only played under Quinn, Miller seems to be acquitting himself well and I don’t think Smith’s issues are because of the system. Smith showed up out of shape and was eventually waived before Quinn, and if memory serves he wasn’t great in Detroit and is now almost 32. Someone like JJ is godawful all on his own. It might be part of it but I doubt it’s the only major problem.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think that’s the root of all their problems. DeAngelo had that big season under him, Fox has only played under Quinn, Miller seems to be acquitting himself well and I don’t think Smith’s issues are because of the system. Smith showed up out of shape and was eventually waived before Quinn, and if memory serves he wasn’t great in Detroit and is now almost 32. Someone like JJ is godawful all on his own. It might be part of it but I doubt it’s the only major problem.
Trouba thing is well, the world knew that contract was never going to be worth it and yikes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad