Around the NHL - Same games every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
JR leaving so quickly adds salt to that wound.

His analytics were declining but I know @Honour Over Glory is quick to use the term “usage” to dump on Sully but I’d agree in this case.

He’s a top 6 player and we know Sid doesn’t like him on his line but Sully would throw him up there to stir things up when it wasn’t going well. He always had good results with Geno. Can play in the bottom 6 but last season there were too many off mixes with his line.

Obviously I’d have kept him over taking an unnecessary risk on Matheson. You know he will help the PP, can play well with either Sid/Geno and is capable of playing a good role in the bottom 6 in the right circumstances.

If anyone disagrees with this just leave it there. I try to stay out some of the Hornqvist debates in other threads. This is just a praise from me and we’d be better not making that deal especially having Dumo, Petts, Riikola and some thought POJ was ready on LD.
JR might have given Sully a few bad apples here and there but no one asked him to use them the way he did. Which is why I harp on Sully about usage. When a bloke makes a case to his gm to hire JJ, all of that made sense finally.

But yeah, I digress....

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Thirteen (13) minutes have elapsed in period 1 and Hogberg has already let in 2 goals. The score is now five (5) to one (1), Oilers. I cannot stress to you how transcendently bad Ottawa is. It's like an expansion team from the 70s got time-traveled into the future to play tonight's game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Damnit, I bet on the Sens.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy :laugh:

tenor.gif

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events