Around the NHL: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
In other troubling developments, Pavel Zacha seems to have taken a step or three for the Debbies. Thought he was their best player against us last game and he continues to look good. Really nice assists on Bratt (goal itself was also pretty sweet) and Hischier goals tonight. Ugh.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
In other troubling developments, Pavel Zacha seems to have taken a step or three for the Debbies. Thought he was their best player against us last game and he continues to look good. Really nice assists on Bratt (goal itself was also pretty sweet) and Hischier goals tonight. Ugh.
Zacha and Wood, 2 players Devils fans would have packaged together for a conditional 4th in 2033 before this season. So before we give up on guys maybe lets see how they look under not Quinn lest they go off and Pionk all over us somewhere else

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
what happened

No love for the Isles, but he grabbed their Captain with a few minutes left in the game because he was butthurt they were getting blown out. Kid's a newbie, there's certain things you just shouldn't do. Also think he's a tool for chirping at Lemmy to fight again immediately after getting fed by him. Just take your beating like a man and move on like everyone else does.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
When I see you g kids putting it together no problem I can’t understand how Quinn is still coaching this team

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Bruins getting humiliated here. We are so screwed tomorrow.
Or maybe they grab Quinn's nutsack, and play balls to the wall despite his soft coaching.
A part of my was laughing at Boston getting rocked, and then I realized it was the Islanders doing the rocking. Still enjoyed it, they think the Bruins are God's gift to the NHL.

Maybe the Bruins just realized how old they are. And that punk Frederic is a wannabe rat face, learning from the best.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Woke up to these standings....

3D22E703-D7A8-4572-A6C5-D6D701CBA2DA.jpeg

I’m being punished I think I need to donate to a charity , help a little old lady cross the street I dunno.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
This Tyler Motte depression/anxiety segment during the Canucks and Oilers intermission is really touching.

Yeah... I thought that was pretty damn cool. It's rare to see people open up about things like that. Especially athletes in a macho sport like hockey. It was really enlightening.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Calgary i think needs to blow it up. Weak ass losers make up their core and Giordano who was the real backbone of that team when they were good a couple years ago has aged out of being a top defender. Plus Gaudreau is probably not going to re sign there anyway once he's a UFA. Treliving needs to start drafting a Letter.

Nashville, they just need to fire Bald Quinn and I think they can bounce back, they have a nice team on paper.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Calgary i think needs to blow it up. Weak ass losers make up their core and Giordano who was the real backbone of that team when they were good a couple years ago has aged out of being a top defender. Plus Gaudreau is probably not going to re sign there anyway once he's a UFA. Treliving needs to start drafting a Letter.

Nashville, they just need to fire Bald Quinn and I think they can bounce back, they have a nice team on paper.
Unfortunately (Actually I don't care I think their fanbase is pretty obnoxious) Nashville is finished already. They are not jumping 3 teams. We are slowly reaching that territory as well in a getting too far behind the top 4.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Woke up to these standings....

View attachment 400783

I’m being punished I think I need to donate to a charity , help a little old lady cross the street I dunno.
If you were to tell me the beginning of the season this is where we would be after 5-6 weeks I would say ok very disappointing but hey at least I'm sure Kakko and Lafreniere are putting up some nice numbers. Then when you told me Lafreniere doesn't have an assist and the two averaging scoring at about a point for every 7/8 games I would say what cruel joke are you trying to play on me?!

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Nashville will be in cap hell for a long time.

Those deals to RJ and Duchene are brutal.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nashville will be in cap hell for a long time.

Those deals to RJ and Duchene are brutal.
They don't draft, develop and keep top scoring forwards. 20+ years of drafting and their highest scoring drafted forward who played the majority of his career as a Predator is David Legwand. So they have to trade for them, and something happens when these players land in Nashville because they tend to under perform once they get there--Johansen, Duchene, Turris, etc. The only reason I think Poile has been GM for so long is his superiors compare the team's performance to the other expansion teams that came in around the same time, like the Thrashers, Wild and Blue Jackets, none of which have even made a Stanley Cup finals appearance.

They look like a team like Calgary that could benefit from a true rebuild.

Reactions: SRHRangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad