OT: Around the NHL - Now for Some Actual Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So with the Dallas win the Pens move up a draft slot, right?

Believe so yea...

Just checking here, that DAL win just secured us the #22 pick(up one from #23) in the 1st rd of this years draft since either STL(99 pts in the RS) or DAL(93 pts in the RS), meeting in Rd2 and one goes to the Western Conference Final 100% now means the team that does move on to the CF goes from picking above us to below us.
PIT got 100pts in the RS so these teams that got less just have to reach the Conference Finals for us to move ahead of them in the draft order.

If Vegas moves on to meet COL, we secure #21...

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Just goes to show that you don't really need an all-star defensive corps to win in the playoffs. Defensively you just need guys who can beat out the dump-ins and make a good first pass under pressure. Clearing out the front of the net isnt that big of a deal anymore because everyone collapses so you have help with the loose pucks and most shots dont even make it through.

I think your money is probably better spent on forwards if the entire team buys in to playing a patient, structured game.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Just goes to show that you don't really need an all-star defensive corps to win in the playoffs. Defensively you just need guys who can beat out the dump-ins and make a good first pass under pressure. Clearing out the front of the net isnt that big of a deal anymore because everyone collapses so you have help with the loose pucks and most shots dont even make it through.

I think your money is probably better spent on forwards if the entire team buys in to playing a patient, structured game.

Uh, what exactly is proof of that? All these teams have a better transition D than Pittsburgh.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Ovechkin and being a big baby, name a more iconic duo. Too bad the Canes suck on the road but you never know. Staal seems fired up and Williams has his Game 7 reputation to protect.

Nashville's stars were all no show in their series, I don't know how it even got to game 6 OT because the Stars were clearly the better team.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Well, the Caps choking powers were too strong, fingers crossed they are strong tomorrow too.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well, the Caps choking powers were too strong, fingers crossed they are strong tomorrow too.
3-8 in Game 7's played at home. But things can change. I don't think the Pens' home Game 7 rep was too strong til they beat Tampa then the Senators in '16 & '17.

Well, I think it's every team that scored first in this series won the game until last night, when the Canes came back from 1-0 and 2-1. But it's hard for me to see the Canes keeping up if the Caps set the tone early tomorrow.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Even if the Caps win their series, it's probably not a promising sign that it's taking them 7 games to put away a first-round opponent.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

Which is precisely the problem we have. We did this when Letang/Dumo/Malkin were out and looked like world beaters. We get more healthy and we decide we are going to skate through 5 guys looking at us at the blue line instead of chipping it behind (among other issues).

Reactions: Icarium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad