OT: Around the NHL - Now for Some Actual Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I remember when DeBoer’s message after every game in 2016 was “we still haven’t found our A game”. Boi the Penguins were just way better.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He looked improved on LD after moving back from RD where he was worse than atrocious...but that lasted a short while until everyone began to notice how he did not help Schultz and the pair was a total disaster on the ice...

He was actually his typical self, Murray just was being outrageous at the time period. The metrics from when Letang went down to when Letang came back are nearly identical outside of GA.

Reactions: Andy99

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I remember when DeBoer’s message after every game in 2016 was “we still haven’t found our A game”. Boi the Penguins were just way better.

In that series Deboer just gave off a vibe that was like the love child of Bylsma and Mike Johnston
Stubborn and dumbfounded

Contrast that to Cooper who I thought was doing everything he could to tinker and counter the Pens and almost pulled it off.
I know Cooper gets a bad rap, but if he was free I'd love him as our coach.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
In that series Deboer just gave off a vibe that was like the love child of Bylsma and Mike Johnston
Stubborn and dumbfounded

Contrast that to Cooper who I thought was doing everything he could to tinker and counter the Pens and almost pulled it off.
I know Cooper gets a bad rap, but if he was free I'd love him as our coach.

Deboer IMO is a better coach than Cooper and arguably the most underrated coach in the league.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
When Vlasic has been fit to play, the Sharks have won all three games, if Jones has a decent game I can totally see them winning the series.
I can't begin to guess the outcome of Bruins - Leafs except that there will be lots of whining about the refs whatever happens.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
When Vlasic has been fit to play, the Sharks have won all three games, if Jones has a decent game I can totally see them winning the series.
I can't begin to guess the outcome of Bruins - Leafs except that there will be lots of whining about the refs whatever happens.

The Bruins have already opined about the quality of ice and complained about certain tactics from the Leafs. f*** them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My gut says the Sharks and Bruins move on to the second round.

A Fleury choke?

Say it ain't so, @BHD . . .

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'd rather it was Vegas and the Bruins.

Also Hurricanes, just to see Ovechkin lose his crap.

Knights for sure. As much as we poke fun (and that's putting it lightly) at Fleury, I can't help but root for him. Plus, the Knights are fun to watch. I still prefer the Leafs over the Bruins though.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Also, I don't think the Sharks were as bad as some are making them out to be. The Pens were firing on all cylinders after eliminating the Lightning.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m so looking forward to Leafs-Bruins...way more than watching any Pens game

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Knights for sure. As much as we poke fun (and that's putting it lightly) at Fleury, I can't help but root for him. Plus, the Knights are fun to watch. I still prefer the Leafs over the Bruins though.
For fun, I looked at the numbers for MAF vs Jones, lol...yeesh.

For what Jones has in front of him, it's odd people keep latching on to MAF to hate him here, Jones is so bad. I don't want MAF back until it's time for retirement and he does that 1 day contract thing, but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad