Who would you rather the Oilers play in round two?

Who would you rather the Oilers play in round two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Vancouver for me even if they were fully healthy. Take out the division champs, be the last Canadian team left in the playoffs(Toronto isn't getting past Boston) and shut up a cocky fan base after their team had one good year.
I kinda think leafs win

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Most importantly I'd like their series to go 7 games. After that it doesn't matter to me.

If I had to pick I'll go with the Peds. We will get home ice. I think that is worth something.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Nashville because Oilers get home ice advantage and Nashville is the weakest opponent in the West.

Vancouver I'd put roughly on the same level as the Kings and while I think the Oilers would beat Vancouver... the series could easily go 6 games whereas with the Preds... the Oilers "should" be able to make it a shorter series if all goes well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Probably Nashville.

Not because I think it’s necessary easier, would just be fun to watch the Vancouver fanbase melt down.

Home ice is also nice.

Games would hopefully be earlier too.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Preds. Having just faced the Kings who play a heavy defensive game, the Preds try and do the same thing but I feel EDM would get a lot more chances against them at even strength. Plus Draisaitl has their number.

Vancouver is skilled and fast as well and I think their speed and great PP could cause a problem. Though because of it, there would be a lot more open ice for McDavid to do McDavid things. lol

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m honestly split between the 2.
I would like to face Nashville for Home Ice advantage as well as better viewing times. I would also like to face Vancouver as an all Canadian rival matchup would be intriguing and we would have a chance at redemption after the Canucks embarrassed us this year

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I feel the players would prefer Vancouver as it's a much shorter travel, while Nashville is the worst case scenario in that regard
Need to beat Nashville in four. But I think it will be Vancouver anyway. I don't see Nashville winning two games in a row. Not against this Vancouver team.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Need to beat Nashville in four. But I think it will be Vancouver anyway. I don't see Nashville winning two games in a row. Not against this Vancouver team.
Weirdly the Preds have been the better team this series

I'm with you though, don't see how the Nucks don't "bring it" in game 7

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Nashville, but if Vancouver is missing Demko/DeSmith, that wouldn't be horrible either.
Still, Nashville.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
To the Oilers fan in The Leafs Mob at the Watch Party in Toronto. You sir are an Oilers Icon. I loved it. Oilers flag flying in the middle of thousands. Gotta love it

Reactions: dssource

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver for me even if they were fully healthy. Take out the division champs, be the last Canadian team left in the playoffs(Toronto isn't getting past Boston) and shut up a cocky fan base after their team had one good year.
Agreed
Vancouver fans can be worse then Leafs fans and thats bad.
Seen that video of the Canucks fans partying outside chanting "Fuk the Oilers"
Yes, u stupid fuks, u r chanting "Fuk the Oilers" while you are playing Nashville. Its good to see we are in your head 24/7. You have never beaten us. 1986, 3 game sweep, blow-outs. 1992 4-2 Oilers

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Agreed
Vancouver fans can be worse then Leafs fans and thats bad.
Seen that video of the Canucks fans partying outside chanting "Fuk the Oilers"
Yes, u stupid fuks, u r chanting "Fuk the Oilers" while you are playing Nashville. Its good to see we are in your head 24/7. You have never beaten us. 1986, 3 game sweep, blow-outs. 1992 4-2 Oilers
In the end, I don't really care who we play. But it would be hilarious to watch Canucks Nation melt down if they lose to Nashville. Almost as fun as watching Cancks Nation melting down if they lost to us.

Reactions: K1984

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Preference is Nashville.
Reasons are earlier start times and home ice.
I actually don't mind the late starts since I don't usually go to bed til late anyways. As long as the game doesn't go into OT, then I'm quite fine with 8pm starts. But any 8:50pm puck drops like last series is kind of stretching it. I just don't like if we played Nashville and had any 5pm starts which means the game would be starting as I'm just getting off work and had to miss the first period. That would suck more than having a late game for me.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't really care honestly. They both have pluses/minuses. General thoughts: Demko is injured, but maybe coming back for round 2 according to recent rumors. Travel would be better for Vancouver. Saros is a great equalizer. We have a very good recent history with Nashville. We would have home ice vs Nashville. I think our style might match better against Vancouver, as they aren't as "built for the playoffs" as Nashville is. Not sure there is much difference in defending between the teams.

I guess if I had to choose, it would be Nashville just for the home ice advantage. But its a toss-up to me really. Whomever we end up with, I would like their series to go to 7 games to increase the rest our banged up players are getting (Kane, Henrique, McDavid and I'm sure many others that we haven't heard about).

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Playing in Nashville will make us more costumed to playing in Dallas/Colorado. Same time zone

Reactions: K1900L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad