Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Cam Janssen as a forward has scored 2 goals in 3 games this year. Not bad. Why is it newsworthy? Because before this season he had 3 goals in 313 games, 2 goals is his career high. Why is this guy in the NHL? The league really loses credibility when it has guys that just can fight and can't play hockey.

So what you're saying is... He has more goals than giroux.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I've been watching Myers. Be careful what you wish for. He is terrible defensively. He looks like Brashear or Grimson but on defense. The Buffalo announcers stop pointing out his mistakes because he commits them to often.

I wouldn't trade stralman for him straight up. That's how bad he's been. Maybe as a 6th or 7th dman and second PP unit.

Maybe one day we'll find out what really happened to him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How is it that Joel Ward has more goals than anyone on our team (I think)? I thought he was a 3rd liner.

Luck. He's a 10% shooter for his career and this year he's shooting 30%. It's completely unsustainable.

He's still a good player though. Wish we had him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Didn't know where to put this, but, who would you guys/gals like to see as McDonagh's potential partner in Sochi?

Edit: Woops, move to McDonagh PP thread por favor?

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
McD is a lefty and Suter is a righty, sounds like a great two way pairing to me. Shattenkirk is also a RHD. Either of those two.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Someone informed me Suter is a lefty too, coulda sworn Weber was the lefty but no! That's a shame woulda loved to see those two shutdown opponents together.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McDonagh-Jones would be my pairing. Both big guys that are threats offensively and stellar defensively.

Championship*

As good as Seth Jones is playing, I don't think he makes the US team. He will have plenty of opportunities to throughout the course of his career.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Suter - Byfuglien
McDonagh - Carlson
Yandle - Shattenkirk
Martin - Orpik

Even though there are better options, you gotta have a guy like Orpik in there.

On the cusp: Jack Johnson, Erik Johnson, Gardiner, Faulk, Bogosian, Jones, Trouba

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Suter - Byfuglien
McDonagh - Carlson
Yandle - Shattenkirk
Martin - Orpik

Even though there are better options, you gotta have a guy like Orpik in there.

On the cusp: Jack Johnson, Erik Johnson, Gardiner, Faulk, Bogosian, Jones, Trouba

IMO there is no way Erik Johnson and Justin Faulk are NOT on the roster.

Orpik would be a train wreck on the big ice surface.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 1m

RT @erlendssonTBO: (Stamkos') right ankle took the brunt of the blow right into the post ... he's still down being looked at by team trainer

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 21s

Definitely looks bad in Boston, as Steven Stamkos is being placed on a stretcher.

Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad