Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Fasth broke his leg pretty bad too around this time, made it back for the PO's the same season. But I think its showing a bit in his skating still...

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
is it the left or right leg? both looked to be in awkward postions. left leg originally hits the post but the right leg is bending back and forth on the follow through.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@aaronward_nhl: Source, Steven Stamkos has broken tibia. Told will require surgery. #TSN”

darko

Feb 16, 2009
is it the left or right leg? both looked to be in awkward postions. left leg originally hits the post but the right leg is bending back and forth on the follow through.

That had an ankle injury written all over it.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Looked like a major Tibial fracture, i.e. not good at all. Scary stuff.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 6m

Source, Steven Stamkos has broken tibia. Told will require surgery. #TSN

I hereby pronounce myself Dr. Blue.

Joking aside, you just feel for Stamkos. Looked so painful, and the recovery will be long. Wouldn't be surprised if he was out for the rest of the year.

And on top of it all, the timing couldn't be worse for him. HE was playing really well, the Olympics were coming up, and Tampa were winning a lot of games (though they were primed to fall back to earth even before his injury).

Get better soon Steven!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Ouch that looked incredibly painful.. Ive broken my arm once, and its not pleasant.

Heres to a good recovery. He could be gone as much as 6 months

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Heres to a good recovery. He could be gone as much as 6 months

Remember the injury basketball player Kevin Ware suffered 6 months ago?

He went from compound fracture with his bone sticking OUT of his leg, to dunking 6 months later.

Impressive!

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Remember the injury basketball player Kevin Ware suffered 6 months ago?

He went from compound fracture with his bone sticking OUT of his leg, to dunking 6 months later.

Impressive!

Since a lot of people like to say basketball players are such wimps and hockey players are beasts and this and that, does that mean Stamkos will be dunking in 3 months at Sochi? :sarcasm:

Vidic15*

Since a lot of people like to say basketball players are such wimps and hockey players are beasts and this and that, does that mean Stamkos will be dunking in 3 months at Sochi? :sarcasm:

Slap a guy on the arm in basketball and get a foul. Sorry, those rules make anybody a wimp playing that sport. Plus, you ever see basketball players fight. They punch like girls.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Hate to see that. And sucks that it's Stamkos too. Just hope it's a clean fracture. And let's hope his courage, trying to stand on that leg, doesn't come back to punish him. That could make it worse.

Hope he's back soon.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Who's gonna replace him? Is Tampa gonna lick theire wounds and not trade for a sniper or will they trade now ?

The video was disturbing - Of all the elite players in the league, he was my favorite non ranger player..

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Who's gonna replace him? Is Tampa gonna lick theire wounds and not trade for a sniper or will they trade now ?

The video was disturbing - Of all the elite players in the league, he was my favorite non ranger player..
Call up Namestinov or Kucherov?

Also, in regards to the bolded, he's injured, not dead. :sarcasm:

Championship*

They have players they can call up. Could recall Drouin on an emergency basis. Whoever they would theoretically trade for wouldn't have the iota of the impact Stamkos would anyways.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Ugh, that was a nasty break. Hate seeing breaks like that. Shame he'll be out for the Olympics.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@RealKyper: Early indication is #Lightning Stamkos didn't suffer overly complicated break and Sochi Olympics isn't out of question in 2nd week of Feb.”

Good news!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Good news for the NHL, team Canada, the Lightning, and anyone with an interest in seeing Stamkos possibly chase the top 5 in career goal leaders.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
“@RealKyper: Early indication is #Lightning Stamkos didn't suffer overly complicated break and Sochi Olympics isn't out of question in 2nd week of Feb.â€

Good news!

Really hope this is true.

Team USA all the way, but imagine if Stamkos-Crosby is as deadly of a pairing as it looks on paper.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
i'm confused by the statement that said he will need surgery. especially coupled with the "not a complicated injury - may be back for Sochi" is it that surgery will accelerate the healing? i always thought simple breaks were a matter of immobilization and time. not a complicated injury = not a complicated recovery so why surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad