Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
If they do buy him out, I would totally be on board with signing him to something like a 3-year, $9MM contract. I'll take the chance on the 6'8" 23 year old right handed defenseman reclamation project.

I'd absolutely be on board too, but I can't imagine Buffalo doing it. They won't have to worry about the cap too much while tanking, and should they need it in the future, he can probably still be traded as his contract is frontloaded. And he could very well still turn it around, just look at Chars.

Leino and Ehrhoff have to be the prime candidates for buyouts on that team.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Don't think Ehrhoff gets bought out. Great defenseman, only reason Buffalo doesn't lose 500-0 every game.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Dirt.

PariseShootout1192013.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It is one of those moves that you decide to do before you start to skate. Not impromptu.

Now, it looks nice, but so many goaltenders bite on a backhand fake... very few NHL players can lift a backhand quickly enough to score from that angle in a shootout... Kovalchuk was one of them, but I think goaltenders just go based on reflex, rather than intuition.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
It is one of those moves that you decide to do before you start to skate. Not impromptu.

Now, it looks nice, but so many goaltenders bite on a backhand fake... very few NHL players can lift a backhand quickly enough to score from that angle in a shootout... Kovalchuk was one of them, but I think goaltenders just go based on reflex, rather than intuition.

That's actually Parise's other go-to:

OK I'm done with the Parise love-fest.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Brooks covered the Devils in 1996. Mark Everson covered the Rangers both started the rumor that Shanahan was offered for Dube, Brown, Sundstrom, cloutier and a No. 1, which was BS because Rutherford wanted Kovalev or NHL established players. Everson made up the BS prospect list because they were all Rangers first picks from 93-96 (Dube was their first pick after trading their 1st to Hartford for Verbeek - the 1st became JS Giguere)

The truth is that Smith had Savard rated much higher than any forward prospect and would have gladly parted with Brooks' made-up package for a prime Shanahan.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
6-0 for home teams tonight. Jets tied the game late 4-4, playing OT to try and make it 7-0.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Cam Janssen as a forward has scored 2 goals in 3 games this year. Not bad. Why is it newsworthy? Because before this season he had 3 goals in 313 games, 2 goals is his career high. Why is this guy in the NHL? The league really loses credibility when it has guys that just can fight and can't play hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->