OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
NHL app is terrible because the league is run by morons who dont understand connectivity.

Other apps are whatever because no one cares about developing apps for a third tier league.

Good luck Tommy boy.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
NHL app is terrible because the league is run by morons who dont understand connectivity.

Other apps are whatever because no one cares about developing apps for a third tier league.

Good luck Tommy boy.

I got The Score thanks @PatrickCvetic. Seems pretty good.

Leafs have asked teams interested in Nylander what they’d be willing to move. December 1st is getting close to the RFA signing deadline.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Doing a good Malkin impression or the Sens are just terrible?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I got The Score thanks @PatrickCvetic. Seems pretty good.

Leafs have asked teams interested in Nylander what they’d be willing to move. December 1st is getting close to the RFA signing deadline.

Oh man, I wish we could, but I think there's a few teams that are going to be front runners for him. I remember reading the Islanders really really wanted him.

This is where one would wish the Leafs really really loved Maatta or something. Because then we would have a fighting chance.

Like Maatta, Jarry, Sprong, + 1st. for Nylander and their 2nd.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Doing a good Malkin impression or the Sens are just terrible?

The Sens are just terrible.

I mean, they parted like Tampa once did against Geno, but they literally didn't even put up a token defense and Hedman was barely skating, so, no, it's not like Malkin. It's the Sens sucking.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Everybody and their mother can beat NJD right now except the Pens.......they’re losing to Jets and are last in the Metro...

But somehow we’ll manage to lose to them Tuesday night and be dominated in the process...

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Everybody and their mother can beat NJD right now except the Pens.......they’re losing to Jets and are last in the Metro...

But somehow we’ll manage to lose to them Tuesday night and be dominated in the process...

It takes a certain level of negativity to turn Winnipeg beating New Jersey into we’ll lose on Tuesday and get our ass kicked.

I guess you don’t have to watch now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It takes a certain level of negativity to turn Winnipeg beating New Jersey into we’ll lose on Tuesday and get our ass kicked.

I guess you don’t have to watch now.

What’s our record against NJD last year and this year to date? I rest my case...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
At sharks flames game. San Jose pretty much dominating even though scoreboard doesn't reflect that

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dzingel is a middle six player I can get behind. I’m still kind of mad at him for tying the game in game 7.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Lol karllson is such a f***ing train wreck in san jose lol lol f***

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Also. E. Kane is magical. Pens shoulda tried harder to get him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Retired player Daniel Carcillo, one of the plaintiffs, urged players not to accept the settlement. In a series of tweets , he said players would be forced to see the same NHL and NHLPA doctors to determine if they'd be eligible for treatment.

Carcillo also asked for Wayne Gretzky's thoughts: "I want him to use his platform to help the men who protected him throughout his career. Lack of pressure from former players is a direct result of this insulting attempt at a settlement."

Messages left with several players who were part of the lawsuit were not immediately returned.
Imagine going to the same doctors that said you were fine, when it was clear you never were after the brain trauma....jesus christ.

Oh and...
The settlement is significantly less than the billion-dollar agreement reached between the NFL and its former players on the same issue of head injuries. Each player who opts in would receive $22,000 and could be eligible for up to $75,000 in medical treatment.

Vs.
The NFL settlement covers more than 20,000 retired players, and lawyers expect payouts to top $1.5 billion over 65 years. As of last month , the NFL concussion lawsuit claims panel has approved more than $500 million in awards and paid out $330 million.
NHL, retired players reach $19M concussions settlement | The Guardian

It feels weird to think Daniel Carcillo is the voice of reason in the concussion lawsuit.

That settlement amount is a massive slap in the face of retired players that are suffering when you compare what the NFL players got, the lawyer saying it's not comparable is a piece of crap. It is. Both acted like PCS and issues surrounding concussions weren't even real.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You're allowed to feel how you want about players, but we're not going down that road. It'll only piss people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad