OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wilson scored but ran into Dubnyk. I don't think it was a penalty but he got one. He's getting the Cooke/Downie treatment now.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil and BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah most outlets are not reporting it very well.

NHLPA files appeal on Tom Wilson suspension

NHLPA files the appeals on behalf of the player. Then the NHL meets with an arbitrator to figure it out.

I'm very certain every appeal has resulted in reduced suspensions or fines.

NHLPA is in a silly situation. Here you have them trying to get their player paid by appealing. Yet. They're also encouraging injuries to their OTHER players by reducing suspensions like this that were for viscous hits.

I can understand appeals for PED use or off-ice incidents, but appeals for headhunting other players??? Conflict of interest much??

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah most outlets are not reporting it very well.

NHLPA files appeal on Tom Wilson suspension

NHLPA files the appeals on behalf of the player. Then the NHL meets with an arbitrator to figure it out.

I'm very certain every appeal has resulted in reduced suspensions or fines.

NHLPA is in a silly situation. Here you have them trying to get their player paid by appealing. Yet. They're also encouraging injuries to their OTHER players by reducing suspensions like this that were for viscous hits.

I can understand appeals for PED use or off-ice incidents, but appeals for headhunting other players??? Conflict of interest much??

My friend read the article about the arbitrator. He said the multiplier DOPS used was unprecedented (I think it was 3x).

Which goes to show DOPS still thought it wasn’t that bad really. Anyone who did this should be looking at 10 games minimum. It’s a deliberate hard shot to the head at worst very reckless then add on for injury and prior history which he had an unprecedented amount.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
DOPS is also an enigma. Usually run by ex-headhunters, too. Pretty sure George "fight everyone" Parros is in charge still?

Basically, this is everything wrong with the NHL.

This is why the concussion suit has gone as it has.

Every facet of the game is about brutal hits and downplaying negativity according to their actions.

Look at the NHL's current wallpaper off their YouTube channel:

Screenshot_20181113-203717.jpg

Dude getting smashed into the glass. Is this to be encouraged???

Every highlights reel or commercial is blow up hits (and goals).

The NHL denies concussions, the DOPS is staffed by literal goons, the NHLPA cares about salary more than health, and they all jerk each other off over marketing brutality instead of celebrating skill and sportsmanship.

Edit: NHL Wheel of Justice go here and be just as logical as DOPS

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
DOPS is also an enigma. Usually run by ex-headhunters, too. Pretty sure George "fight everyone" Parros is in charge still?

Basically, this is everything wrong with the NHL.

This is why the concussion suit has gone as it has.

Every facet of the game is about brutal hits and downplaying negativity according to their actions.

Look at the NHL's current wallpaper off their YouTube channel:

View attachment 154431

Dude getting smashed into the glass. Is this to be encouraged???

Every highlights reel or commercial is blow up hits (and goals).

The NHL denies concussions, the DOPS is staffed by literal goons, the NHLPA cares about salary more than health, and they all jerk each other off over marketing brutality instead of celebrating skill and sportsmanship.

Edit: NHL Wheel of Justice go here and be just as logical as DOPS

The wheel of justice works! I did Malkin’s hot on Oshie......hockey play!

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
A player from the Jets... laying a questionable hit? Shocking.

Yup :laugh:. I’m not so sure that one was intentional. Either way he got him in the head so I’d expect a small suspension.

Careless isn’t an excuse in this day and age.

I just put it through the wheel of justice. It said 2 games

NHL Wheel of Justice

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I can't feel for Kuznetsov. I hate bad hits. But I hate showboaters too.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I never feel bad for injured caps players. They want to back an idiot like Wilson, enjoy the karma of you getting hurt and no one feeling bad.

Bound to happen. Dont think many cared before and saw them as a team they probably felt bad for ..never winning it all. But after Wilson constantly taking guys out and now that they have won it all...all bets are off. Their players are open for those types or hits too now.

And this is what I was referring to when I said we were better off just keeping Reaves(after what we gave up for him). Not so he would go after Wilson and stop him from doing his dumb shit...but doing the same things he was doing in response. Then see if the Caps would have let Wilson keep it up.

Our whole " beat em with speed and ignore the physical game" worked before but doesnt mean it will every year. It worked very well in 2015 cup run. 2016 we barely survived all of those head shots..from each team. Then last year was the final straw...let Wilson dictate that series. Already had problems of our own with lack of depth scoring/injuries...having Wilson take out Dumo and then ZAR cost them that game. Had a lead, ZAR gets hit..crowd is shocked and booing for mins and the Pens were stuck in their own zone for what...2 mins before the Caps finally score and tie it up?

Then take the lead after he trips Maatta(dude is already with cement blocks as skates, didnt stand a chance after that).

Honestly think they let Wilson get away with whatever because the league felt bad for OV and the Caps. Never winning. Along with other teams..players(already out of it) rooting them on.

But now that theyve won it and Wilson is still doing this? Yeah he will end up like Cooke. Will have to completely change his game...or will keep getting suspended. And if that happens..he will end up in the bottom 6.

No doubt he was a huge factor for them, because he was allowed to get away with all of those hits tho. Of course that would create space. Have an impact. Guys constantly focusing on it when he was out there. Worked out great for the Caps.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Ray Ferraro was on the radio talking about Lucic. He said he’s got 2 goals in the last 64 games with lots of time with Draitsal and McDavid.

He goes on to say that that’s only 2 more goals than him but he’s been retired 16 years :laugh:

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Ray Ferraro was on the radio talking about Lucic. He said he’s got 2 goals in the last 64 games with lots of time with Draitsal and McDavid.

He goes on to say that that’s only 2 more goals than him but he’s been retired 16 years :laugh:
Lucic's game isn't made for today's hockey, he hasn't got the speed and his toughness is more or less useless. He whines more than he competes and shouldn't get ice time with top players anymore.

Oilers should move him on their bottom 6 or just plain buy his lazy ass out.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Lucic's game isn't made for today's hockey, he hasn't got the speed and his toughness is more or less useless. He whines more than he competes and shouldn't get ice time with top players anymore.

Oilers should move him on their bottom 6 or just plain buy his lazy ass out.

Good locker room guy though ;)

Too many old school GM’s in the league. They pay money for crap like that. Instead of an absurd contract go hire Dwayne Johnson as a motivational speaker. Cheaper and it won’t be on the cap :laugh:

Reactions: BladeRunner66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->