OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Good locker room guy though ;)

Too many old school GM’s in the league. They pay money for crap like that. Instead of an absurd contract go hire Dwayne Johnson as a motivational speaker. Cheaper and it won’t be on the cap :laugh:
Yeah but it's not only giving out bad contracts, they actually traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson!!!

If anything, their GM should fire his scouting staff and himself along the way.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I get a good kick out of the Caps fans that are harping on Malkin being dirty in relation to anything Wilson does as being dirty now, so now both are tied to each other according to them, whenever anyone talks about anything dirty Wilson does, automatically "Yeah, I guess he's no Malkin though, elbows to the head are ok unless you're him."

Lol, what?

Even when it was a Jets vs Caps game, some how, Caps fans seem to like pulling Pens stuff into it.

Reactions: TNT87

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good locker room guy though ;)

Too many old school GM’s in the league. They pay money for crap like that. Instead of an absurd contract go hire Dwayne Johnson as a motivational speaker. Cheaper and it won’t be on the cap :laugh:

He has a Stanley Cup, is making crazy bank...what does he care? lol.

But yeah, the guy should have never left the Kings, he was made for that team and hell, he would still be useful there. If anything, Oilers shouldn't buy him out, they should just calculate what the buyout cap hit will be and then just retain it and see if anyone will want him after that.

Lucic - 6m cap hit.
4yrs remaining
What's it come to, like 625k a year?
So if you're Chiapet, why not retain like 1m, then dump him, instead of paying 625k a year for 8yrs, you pay 4m of his salary for 4yrs. Maybe if you can get a better deal, you actually retain 4.5m of that 4yrs (total) so his cap hit is 4.875m/yr.

That might not be ideal, but it's better than taking a 6m cap hit.
For the Oilers, it's better than that than buying him out and being on the hook for 8yrs of his cap penalty on their cap space which will really mess with them when guys like Yamamoto get better and want their coin.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I get a good kick out of the Caps fans that are harping on Malkin being dirty in relation to anything Wilson does as being dirty now, so now both are tied to each other according to them, whenever anyone talks about anything dirty Wilson does, automatically "Yeah, I guess he's no Malkin though, elbows to the head are ok unless you're him."

Lol, what?

Even when it was a Jets vs Caps game, some how, Caps fans seem to like pulling Pens stuff into it.

Awfully strange that so many Capitals fans are getting bugged over what has been described by themselves multiple times in the past as "just a good hockey play."

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Any of those teams want Sheahan too since they’re trading R.S. Initials who are garbage?

Good point. :laugh:

The one saving grace of Sheahan, compared to Spooner, is he's half the cap hit and on an expiring deal.

Frankly, I'd see if anyone wants Sheahan and failing that just send him to WBS. Maybe someone picks him up and you save the money. Failing that, you save enough burying him in WBS to cover TB's cap hit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah but it's not only giving out bad contracts, they actually traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson!!!

If anything, their GM should fire his scouting staff and himself along the way.
You think the GM being fired would solve the issues?

The Oilers idiocy is very deep rooted, at this point, it's ingrained into their DNA. Stupidity is the Oilers and vice versa. You have had multiple GM's come and go, each one more or less as incompetent as the one they've replaced.

That's a deep rooted issue of dumbassery.

For the Oilers to be fixed, you'd need to sell the entire franchise to someone that knows how to run a team, fire every single person and start from scratch, essentially like an expansion team. That is seriously the only way. Lately, they've been winning with some stacking of the 1st line, whether it's Leon and McDavid or RNH, etc. That will only work or so long until its broke again like it usually goes with that model.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Were talking a franchise who made a miniature Walterdale Bridge to skate out of....for one game....

No one cared. It was dumb. WTF.

Of course, the real bridge was supposed to be lit in Oilers colors that night, but half the lights didn't work.

This is The Oilers Legacy (tm). So damn typical.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hate to say, but I'd take Sutter before Sheahan.
Mods, please ban this person for suggestion Brandon Sutter wear this jersey once more.

How about neither and we just try Blueger for once? Because when/if Brassard is back tomorrow, I 100% put Blueger into that 4C spot and put Cullen as his LW and put Blueger in a PK position and let him learn in that role the rest of the reason, ups and downs be damned, let him grow in that role with a good buffer of Rust and Cullen on his flanks.

Sutter was passive, better as a winger with his shot. Sheahan looked good last year, then this year they royally f***ed up the bottom 6 and he's been a disaster since then. I know because even his defense has been bad, for a guy that no matter what, was solid defensively even when his offense struggled, to me that is a telling sign of how much of a mess this actual team is from within and not just the players being an abomination.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not at that contract

Yeah, I meant only the player - not the contract.

Mods, please ban this person for suggestion Brandon Sutter wear this jersey once more.

I knew my post would raise eyebrows. Ideally, I'd go with just any centre in the league before Sheahan or Sutter. However, I'd pick Sutter if I had to choose between them.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Draft Picks
Contracts
Actual Performance
Advanced Stats
Eye Test

This is the HF Hierarchy of Player Evaluation. As you can see, Actual Performance is less important that the Contract.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
Tampa blew a 5-1 lead against Philly in the 3rd. Going to OT.

E: TB finally get it done in OT. I feel they would be in serious trouble if it weren't for their ridiculous power play...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad