Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We are talking about losing several hundred million dollars here. That's a good chunk of money to leave on the table.

Don't disagree but would be odd to play the games and then .. I guess the playoffs in August/September. That would invade in next season anyway and would have to play a shortened season resulting in the same issue.

There's still 12 games to be played that a month's worth of hockey before playoffs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Man do i ever despise the Sharks with a burning passion. These lowlifes are f***ing celebrating the anniversary of their game 7 win last year. I mean how pathetic can your franchise be when you celebrate something like that. Karma bit them straight in the ass though on that one being that the Knights would have likely made the playoffs this year while the Sharks finished bottom 5 without a 1st. As a Sens fan, i have to thank that piece of shit team for giving us a high draft pick.

f*** you Sharks. f*** you Shark fans and f*** you whoever brought the Sharks into existence. Hope that teams faces nothing but misery for the rest of their shitty existence.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Man do i ever despise the Sharks with a burning passion. These lowlifes are f***ing celebrating the anniversary of their game 7 win last year. I mean how pathetic can your franchise be when you celebrate something like that. Karma bit them straight in the ass though on that one being that the Knights would have likely made the playoffs this year while the Sharks finished bottom 5 without a 1st. As a Sens fan, i have to thank that piece of shit team for giving us a high draft pick.

f*** you Sharks. f*** you Shark fans and f*** you whoever brought the Sharks into existence. Hope that teams faces nothing but misery for the rest of their shitty existence.
Karlsson to Goodrow!!!!! WHOOOO!!!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

4VO3ZLYRA5FYQERPTRDVPWGS6U.jpg

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I dig the entire story of big shit Doug Wilson taking advantage of salt of the earth good ol' Orleans boy tryin' to make good in over his head Pierre Dorion by flipping Hoffman to Florida, but then ending up possibly handing Dorion an 18 year old franchise player when he did him a favor by helping him get fair value for Erik Karlsson. By that I mean, he probably re-inacted that Jonah Hill scene from Moneyball during the trade call.

I really wish Dorion had been more honest and likable over the last few years, because if he did, it would have been such an even better redemption story. At this point, it is mildly amusing.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good to see that there's retribution today from the shit that Pejorative Slurs spread on the internet. Leipsic life/career is in shambles now, good job dude. So brilliant.

I always fought against that, people bashing others behind the anonymity of the internet just like they weren't real people. Finally, there's light at the end of the tunnel and the days of saying anything without any consequence look finally over.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Good to see that there's retribution today from the shit that Pejorative Slurs spread on the internet. Leipsic life/career is in shambles now, good job dude. So brilliant.

I always fought against that, people bashing others behind the anonymity of the internet just like they weren't real people. Finally, there's light at the end of the tunnel and the days of saying anything without any consequence look finally over.

That's not what happened in this case. He wasn't bashing people anonymously on the internet. He was saying things in what he thought was a private conversation and someone either broke that confidence or hacked into his account.

He'll go to rehab, apologize again and either get a PTO or go play in Europe.

By the way, good job using a slur against the mentally handicapped anonymously on the internet. Do you deserve to have your life/career in shambles for that?

Reactions: little BiG

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That's not what happened in this case. He wasn't bashing people anonymously on the internet. He was saying things in what he thought was a private conversation and someone either broke that confidence or hacked into his account.

He'll go to rehab, apologize again and either get a PTO or go play in Europe.

By the way, good job using a slur against the mentally handicapped anonymously on the internet. Do you deserve to have your life/career in shambles for that?

My excuse. I made that link without explaining why I made that link. You're right, it's not exactly the same situation as the anonymity of the internet but my point still stands. And by the way, nothing is "private" on the internet, you'd have to be freaking stupid to think it is. And that's what these people are. Smart people don't really use social media much, or at least they know that whatever you post is not really "private" anymore.

And for sure I'm going to use slurs against that kind of people. Direspectful people like that don't deserve anything and certainly not my respect. These people are f***ing Pejorative Slured, and I will say it until the end of time.

We have an autistic children, my brother-in-law has one of his children with Down's syndrome. Those kids are not Pejorative Slurs, they are just handicapped. People like Brendan Leipsic are the Pejorative Slurs. Being a Pejorative Slur is having normal capabilities but still act like a ******* *****

But good job policing me, seems like you had no idea though.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
My excuse. I made that link without explaining why I made that link. You're right, it's not exactly the same situation as the anonymity of the internet but my point still stands. And by the way, nothing is "private" on the internet, you'd have to be freaking stupid to think it is. And that's what these people are. Smart people don't really use social media much, or at least they know that whatever you post is not really "private" anymore.

And for sure I'm going to use slurs against that kind of people. Direspectful people like that don't deserve anything and certainly not my respect. These people are f***ing Pejorative Slur, and I will say it until the end of time.

We have an autistic children, my brother-in-law has one of his children with Down's syndrome. Those kids are not Pejorative Slurs, they are just handicapped. People like Brendan Leipsic are the Pejorative Slurs. Being a Pejorative Slur is having normal capabilities but still act like a ******* *****

Terrible take here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One thing for sure, we can see why Leipisc has bounced around so much. The guy has the mental age of a 12-year-old. You can have all the skill in the world, but if you can't act like an adult, you won't last all that long at the top level of professional sports.

It should also be noted, jock culture has a role to play in this. Enabling talented kids to go out and be little jerks like that without any kind of correction is what creates men like this. It shouldn't be about coddling a kid because he can shoot a puck. It should be about doing everything we can to develop these kids into good humans first, while developing their talent.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Terrible take here.

And I'll stand by it no matter what. Handicapped people are not Pejorative Slurs. "Normal people" who act like ******* in private or not (in that case Brendan Leipsic) are the true Pejorative Slurs. People on this forum who insulted and bashed/trashed all kind of hockey people over the years are of the same ilk. I could care less what you think of me. This is my opinion and it won't change.

It's refreshing to see what is happening to the bully coaches and guys like Leipsic, sweet karma/justice.

If you prefer to stand by that kind of people instead of my "terrible take" it's your choice... I know who's side I'm on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viletho

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And I'll stand by it no matter what. Handicapped people are not Pejorative Slurs. "Normal people" who act like ******* in private or not (in that case Brendan Leipsic) are the true Pejorative Slurs. People on this forum who insulted and bashed/trashed all kind of hockey people over the years are of the same ilk. I could care less what you think of me. This is my opinion and it won't change.

If you prefer to stand by that kind of people instead of my "terrible take" it's your choice... I know who's side I'm on.

I hate bullies, so good to see what is happening to the bully coaches and guys like Leipsic. It's refreshing to see some kind of justice.

Pejorative Slurs is one of those words we are not supposed to say anymore. I am not sure if there is a word that encompasses his performance completely.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pejorative Slurs is one of those words we are not supposed to say anymore. I am not sure if there is a word that encompasses his performance completely.

I probably shouldn't use any kind of words like that but it's stronger than me because I'm pissed. I'm an anti-bully and I bully the bullies. I would never say anything bad about nice people. The thruth is I hate bullies and the other kind of people who ruin other people's life... like I said it's stronger than me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Talking about Leipsic and his comments about fat girls... One of my greatest female friend is probably around 300 pounds. She is probably one of the greatest person and mother on this planet, so **** *** Leipsic.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

And for sure I'm going to use slurs against that kind of people. Direspectful people like that don't deserve anything and certainly not my respect. These people are f***ing Pejorative Slur, and I will say it until the end of time.

I wasn't policing you. I was pointing out that you used a slur anonymously, and with control-left cancel culture being what it is these days, you could easily find your life/career in shambles just for using the word if your identity leaked out.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

No surprise there... I'm never really happy to see someone lose their job even if I think they're a total dick but this should be a big gut-check moment for him and for others around the league. If not for the comments about teammates and former teammates, I don't know if the same decision would have been made.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

It's refreshing to see what is happening to the bully coaches and guys like Leipsic, sweet karma/justice.

Find a better way to express your anger than using the R word.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

No surprise there... I'm never really happy to see someone lose their job even if I think they're a total dick but this should be a big gut-check moment for him and for others around the league. If not for the comments about teammates and former teammates, I don't know if the same decision would have been made.

If he wasn't a plug 4th liner, the decision would likely have been different. If Ovechkin was involved, no jobs would have been lost.

Happy he got what he deserved, but the sliding scale of justice applies on and off the ice for the NHL.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If he wasn't a plug 4th liner, the decision would likely have been different. If Ovechkin was involved, no jobs would have been lost.

Happy he got what he deserved, but the sliding scale of justice applies on and off the ice for the NHL.

You're almost certainly correct, which is why I think it is much, much more about what is best for the team than morality or even optics.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wasn't policing you. I was pointing out that you used a slur anonymously, and with control-left cancel culture being what it is these days, you could easily find your life/career in shambles just for using the word if your identity leaked out.

Find a better way to express your anger than using the R word.

ok all good, for me Pejorative Slur shouldn't be used for handicapped people in the first place... as I said, I have people with down syndrome in my family and have an autistic children. But whatever I have to adjust so maybe I shouldn't use that word, what I mean is freaking stupid and rude and also very direspectful.

Leipsic and Rodewald are going to get what they deserve. They'll have to find the way of kindness to get back their life on track.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
ok all good, for me Pejorative Slur shouldn't be used for handicapped people in the first place... as I said, I have people with down syndrome in my family and have an autistic children. But whatever I have to adjust so maybe I shouldn't use that word, what I mean is freaking stupid and rude and also very direspectful.

Leipsic and Rodewald are going to get what they deserve. They'll have to find the way of kindness to get back their life on track.
All good. Great that you are open to changing away from that expression.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I hope it goes well beyond the league. Not just this incident, but the earlier ones we've seen this year (been one hell of a season outing bullies, racists and the like).

The time to get to these young men is when they're still children and adolescents. It's up to the minor hockey coaches, trainers and parents especially to enforces better standards. A lot of this "bro culture" really needs to be taken out of the locker room. We owe it to these kids to develop them into better role models..both their public face AND behind closed doors. Seems too many places are all about conditioning these kids to talk to the press and do the "golly gee whiz good ole Canadian boy" routine in front of the press, but act like hellions when the cameras are off. We need to put an end to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad