Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The only good thing for the Coyotes is that it will become a lot easier to sign Hall....I guess if people think he's the problem, that is more of a curse than a blessing.

Almost like the Sharks with Karlsson, I wonder if Karlsson's struggles made it easier for San Jose to retain him. Karlsson was playing the best hockey of his career after settling in. He then suffered another lower body injury. Going into the off season insiders were reporting that teams weren't going to feel comfortable putting the Doughty contract on the table for him on July 1st. If Karlsson finished strong and healthy playing the kind of hockey he played mid season, I wonder if the market for him would have been better, and it would have eliminated the advantage San Jose had which was a willingness to go 8 x 11.5 with a NMC and bonuses.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Zibby gets goal #40 in his 56th game. Probably competes with Pastrnak and Ovi for the Maurice Richard if he had played a full season.

Reactions: DrEasy

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Zibby gets goal #40 in his 56th game. Probably competes with Pastrnak and Ovi for the Maurice Richard if he had played a full season.

Is it a one-off season? I'm contemplating dealing for him in my keeper league...I feel like the Rangers are right there and will get better again next year, but will Zib be able to repeat?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Is it a one-off season? I'm contemplating dealing for him in my keeper league...I feel like the Rangers are right there and will get better again next year, but will Zib be able to repeat?
He put up 74 last year, he's one of the best offensive players in the league. Expect 35 goals and ppg, be happy and surprised if he has another 50+ goal, 100+ point type season.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He put up 74 last year, he's one of the best offensive players in the league. Expect 35 goals and ppg, be happy and surprised if he has another 50+ goal, 100+ point type season.

What he said.

I've had Zibby in my two fantasy leagues these last two seasons and it's kept me high up in the rankings.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I would be conservative and pencil him in for 70-75 points next year. I don't think you can count on anyone in the league (outside of possibly McDavid and Drai) as constant PPG guys. There's a decent chance he can beat 75...but then you'll be taking a risk (especially since his fantasy cost is going to skyrocket this summer)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I would be conservative and pencil him in for 70-75 points next year. I don't think you can count on anyone in the league (outside of possibly McDavid and Drai) as constant PPG guys. There's a decent chance he can beat 75...but then you'll be taking a risk (especially since his fantasy cost is going to skyrocket this summer)

Guarantee you he gets 80-90 points next season as the team around him matures a bit more. You can quote me on that later.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
No he won’t repeat, he’s shooting at a completely unsustainable rate

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Can someone who watches Arizona/New Jersey make a case from an on ice stand point about how adding Hall makes them worse? Because it seems illogical that adding a productive forward would ruin a team.

Or is there an advanced stat for measuring how badly the hockey gods don't like certain players?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I recently spoke to a father of a Coyotes player and to sum up: "Hall is not a well liked guy in the dressing room; he thinks he is more important than everyone else"

You could say the same about plenty of other star players around the league. Losing exacerbates everything.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pageau be like "why the f*** did you guys trade me to this shitty ass team and why the f*** did i sign a 6 year contract with this shitty ass team?"

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad